Chapter 80 "Choice"

~~~~~~

The four teens sat on the couch in silence facing their bodies towards each other. Sparrow was drinking tea from a cup while Danny was processing about Davos and Sparrow retelling him about the invasion in K'un L'un. Davos and Peter kept their threatening gazes at each other until Danny blinked and glances at Peter who had his plate in front him.

Danny:Peter, you should eat before it gets cold

Peter:What about you? You must be hungry after you came down

Danny:I am...

Peter:Then eat mine since I only took a bite, then I can take yours in the microwave again

Davos grew irrated at the small smiles Danny and Peter were giving each other with fond voices. He could even see pink air and flowers from the couple and his brow twitched.

Davos:Hey! Just shut up and get this over with! We need to leave fast

Peter gave him a sharp glare when he slid his plate over to Danny's and he stood up, heading into the kitchen. Danny rolled his eyes and began to eat out of Peter's plate of food.

Danny:So K'un L'un was attacked by the H'ylthri...where's the Thunderer?

Sparrow:Father went out to protect the common folk with the soldiers until we take you back

Danny:And Yu-Ti?

Sparrow:Hiding with the Crane Mother and elders in the bunker under the palace

Danny:That's a relief that they're safe...

Davos:It is. That's why we need to take you back and help father! He says that you're the only one who can fix this

Peter's ears perked up when he listened. He listened quietly to what Danny's response would be. Peter's heart was thumping loudly.

Danny:...listen I...what makes you think that I can fix it?

Davos:You're the Iron Fist aren't you? What problem can you not solve?
*he asked coldly wwith his arms crossed and leg over the other. Danny felt his chest throb by just asking himself if he should tell the truth about his fists but he knows how mad Davos would be*

Danny:...right. I can be able to handle it...how many days will I be gone?

Peter lowered his head after he heard the response. His lips and eyelashes quivering with his arms trembling. Peter doesn't want Danny to leave without his fists after giving his chi away to the necklace. He could already imagine Danny not coming back and being left alone for his idiotic choice of wearing the costume and risking his life. Why does it matter? It's his home and should defend it but they're relying too much of him. Thinking he's a god and expect him to save their asses in any sort of disaster. Don't they care about his friends or anything? How they might feel?

Peter swallowed when he continued to listen to the conversation.

Sparrow:We will possibly be handling the H'ylthri for three days

Davos:The city would already be gone in three days Danny, so we need to leave quickly and go back in home

Danny looked hesitant so he asked.