Chapter 82 "Reflection"

~~~~~~

The warriors were silent with awkwardness surrounding them. Conal and Miranda had invited them to their place, it was a small cabin near the small hills of where they were staying in for the past months. Conal was happily willing to invite them over unlike Miranda, she would be behind them watching coldly. Conal was warming tea and poured them into cups and handed them to the three teenagers.

Conal:So what did the H'ylthri do to the city? It must be serious if the Immortal Iron Fist is here

Conal glances at Danny as he spoke with a faint smile. Danny didn't look at him as his legs were crossed on the floor, he was rubbing his hands felekng a bit anxious. Miranda was standing against the doorframe with her arms crossed, not giving a single glance at Danny.

Sparrow:Thank you...
*she thanked as Conal hands her her warm cup of tea*
We were following the H'ylthri's footprints after they attacked K'un L'un

Davos:My father and the soldiers, along with half of the city were taken by the H'ylthri...their footprints had led us into the forest

Conal:They took your father? ...I'm sorry to hear that

Conal hands the cup to Danny but he didn't respond.

Conal:Uh Danny? Do you want a cup?

Danny glances at Conal's hand that was holding a cup with smoke coming out from the top. Danny grabs it and stared at his reflection on the surface of tea. He could see his eyebrows furrowed with a dead panned expression.

Conal:Well we can help you! We have an idea where they might be

Miranda:Conal...

Miranda looked hesitant from Conal speaking anymore.

Conal:It's fine Miranda. I want to see the Iron Fist in action, that's fine right Danny?

Danny:...it is

Davos:We don't work alongside criminals and traitors

Danny:Davos

Davos:Did I say something wrong Danny? They escaped punishment and planned to take advantage of you!

Sparrow:Brother, don't act rudely. They had offered us tea and allowed us in their home, the least we can do is be thankful and be well mannered

Davos just huffed after Sparrow spoke. Conal quietly coughed from the tough tension as Davos gave him a cold glare at the corner of his eye.

Conal:Well uh...it's late so we'll let you stay for the night so we can set off in the morning

Sparrow:Thank you for your kindness Conal

Danny places the tea cup down and he stood up. They all watched Danny walk out the door, he couldn't bare to listen or look at Conal and Miranda. He had enough thoughts in his mind. Davos was about to get up to follow him but Sparrow stopped him by tightly grabbing his arm.

Sparrow:Let him go. He should gather his thoughts of the situation first, you'll only get him more distracted

Conal:It's because of me isn't it? I'll talk to him myself
*he stood up and turns to Miranda who stood against the doorway*
Miranda, can you set our visitors beds up?