Chapter 100 "Nothing's New"

~~~~~~

The driver ducked his head down from seeing the Spider turn his back. Lenses stared at the driver for a long period until he was pulled away by the White Tiger. A relieved sigh left his mouth as he laid back against the seat, blowing out a puff of air with sweat dripping down his cheek. Getting used to the sound of silence and eyeing the two teens walk further away down the road.

The man jumped when a static voice came out of his walkie-talkie on the passenger seat, a rough male voice speaking out of it.

"Any updates?"

"He's not going back. The kid is being led away with the cat. Should I go to your position?"

"Keep an eye on them. We have enough men here."

The driver frantically grabbed hold of the walkie-talkie and moved it closer to his mouth, stammering as he spoke.

"Sir! Sh-shouldn't it be a safer option for me to assist you? A-after all! If I'm too close to our targets then they'll know my location!"

The man manly yelped when a bush rustled at his side, the leaves swaying to the right. He didn't know whether to reach for his pistol beside the seat or not from how nothing came out of the bushes and jumped again when the man's rough voice from the walkie-talkie questioned.

"Are you afraid...of children?"

"N-no, sir! But...isn't it strange how Sergeant Mace's first targets are this cat and spider? If they're the first then...wouldn't it mean that they're a threat?"

"..."

"S-sir?"

"Finish your job. Remember, DON'T kill them. Sergeant Mace wants to handle both of them himself"

The walkie-talkie clicked into silence. The driver just drops the walkie-talkie to the seat beside him as he looks forward but doesn't see the two teenagers on the road. The empty sight of the road brought him to sit upright, hands firmly gripping the wheel. The car shook.

The man jumped high when fingers pounded through the metal roof of the car. Green eyes looked into his skull when they pulled the roof, the screeching sound of the roof and heavy purr that grew into a snarl from the Tiger caused his eardrums to vibrate and raise goosebumps on his arms. But then he realized...if White Tiger was here then where the hell was Spider-Man?

The driver turned his keys, pushed the steering stick forward, and stepped down on the pedal at abrupt speed down the empty dark street. Steering the wheel left to right in the hope of dragging the Tiger off but failed for a few seconds until looking back again to see that the cat wasn't on the roof anymore.

He didn't take the time to question the cat's disappearance so he just continued to speed off but then suddenly flew forward, his chest aggressively pressed against the horn that popped his ears. He looked ahead with hazy eyes to see a red figure, silver lenses reflecting in the streetlights. Hands pressed into the front of the car with smoke fuming in between the spaces of their gloved fingers.

The driver could feel his blood going cold, whimpering and gasping to the point of his throat burning and drying out when the black spider symbol in the red figure's chest stared back at him. He remained pressing his foot down but the car wouldn't move, then he heard high hissing from outside of the car. The sight of the pistol under the passenger seat caught his eye, orders or not, there was no fucking way that he'll die by a teenager.