Chapter 35 "At least I'm trying..."

~~~~~

Emma Frost was in her classroom as her teacher, Mr.Kendall, was passing out papers towards the female students then he passed one to Emma who was sitting in the back and she sees her class subjects and her grade beside each of them then she let out a sigh and she looks up as she heard Matilda talk after Mr.Kendall gave her her paper

Matilda:Would you look at that? All As...I'm guessing I made the honor roll again, right Mr.Kendall? Or should I call you Ian?

Mr.Kendall:No you may not. And we're well aware of you being in the honor roll again Matilda

Emma:(Of course she's in the honor roll again...well this is better from the last report card but nowhere near perfect)*she looks up to her report card with all her class subjects with her grade being all Bs*

Mr.Kendall:Remember students, your last test counts. If you score badly now then you have a chance to improve on your test next week on Monday*he spoke as he looks at Emma then he smiles at her and he looks away leaving Emma in confusion. The bell then rung from the corner of their classroom then they all stood up getting their bags instead of Emma who were looking at her report card*See you on Monday class, make sure to study for you test and have fun at the dance tomorrow*all the female students walked out of the classroom with their bags talking to each other and Emma walked out of her desk as she looks at her report card and walks towards the exit*Ms.Frost...*he called for her as Emma turns back to him*

Emma:Yes Mr.Kendall?

Mr.Kendall:Good job on your grades Emma, you really improved from your last report card

Emma:Uh thank you Mr.Kendall...*she looks up to him as he removed his glasses and placed his hand in the pockets of his pants*(wow...I never noticed that his eyes were the same color as the ocean...)

Mr.Kendall:I heard of your incident at your fencing class the other day, I just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing

Emma:I'm feeling better Mr.Kendall...

Mr.Kendall:Good, now if there's anyway I could help then I can tutor you after school

Emma:T-that sounds lovely, can we start today?

Mr.Kendall:Sorry Emma, I have a meeting in a few minutes so I won't be able to tutor you. Is Monday okay?

Emma:Uh yes. Yes it's fine...and I'm guessing your meeting is to chaperone the dance tomorrow right?

Mr.Kendall:Yes it is, how did you know?

Emma:Lucky guess...

Mr.Kendall:Well are you going to the dance tomorrow?

Emma:O-of course I am...!

~~~~~~

The team were walking out of school with their bags as Danny had his phone against his ear talking to Joy

"Joy:I've heard about Rand's money being taken, have you told Jeri yet?"*she spoke as she was talking to Danny in her earpiece as she started zipping her suitcase*

Danny:I would if she wasn't stuck in her meetings today

"Joy:Me and Ward are going back home tonight to talk about this issue"