Chapter 95 "Consequence"

~~~~~

Luke sat in front of the TV switching to shows as he held his bowl of cereal in the other hand. He gave a small wave, greeting Sam who was currently walking down the stairs with a yawn. The teen waved Luke back and stepped into the kitchen to open the cabinet and fridge.

Luke: Where's Danny?

Sam: Probably still asleep
*he yawned out while pouring cereal into his bowl and adding milk after*

Luke: And Ava?

Sam: She might stay in her room today. Do you know that she's still mourning her mom y'know?

He bluntly asks as he turns back, trying to resist the urge from rolling his eyes when Luke nods but kept his attention on the TV. Sam flops down on the couch beside Luke and stares at the TV changing channels. Lightly slapping Luke's shoulder when a cut scene of a reporter talking over a scene of a forest fire.

Sam: Stop. I wanna see this

Luke looks down at Sam in confusion at his sudden interest as he takes a spoonful of cereal. He didn't question it so he laid back and ate his bowl of cereal as he walked the screen. Sam had his legs crossed while listening intently to the reporter.

"The police are still trying to find the cause of this small explosion since the early hours of the morning. A building nearby the forest had a camera installed, so hopefully, by then, we'll receive the footage that might be leaked by police"

Sam:Explosion? Sounds weird, doesn't it?

Luke:It does...why would a bomb set off in a forest?

Sam:Would a bomb give that much damage? It looks as if the forest was blown for miles...can a bomb do that?
*he curiously asks while looking up to Luke*

Luke:I don't know. It's unlikely that it was a bomb that did that

Sam:Hmm true...I guess we'll wait to see what happens next while the other lazy asses wake up

As he raises his spoon to his mouth, the loud thumping from the staircase began to move the house. Rushing down, it was Danny wearing a large sweater with a hairbrush in hand, his blonde hair tangled with other curls. Luke and Sam stare at the older boy who was catching his breath and turning his head as if he was circling the room.

Danny:Is Peter down here?
*he frantically asks, Sam just pouts and sarcastically answers*

Sam:Good morning. You must've had a wild night...

Luke:No, Peter isn't down here. I haven't seen him today...
(Did he sneak out at night? If he did then for what?)

He and Sam watch Danny run around the living room and kitchen, then run down to the basement.

Sam:That's weird. Did Danny get jumpy in his dream that he's like this now?

Luke:Who wouldn't be if you find your partner suddenly not laying next to you?

Sam drifted his eyes away from Luke as he finished his cereal. Ignoring the clashing in the basement as he began to wonder where Peter had gone.