Chapter 60 "Why?"

~~~~~~~

Danny was sitting beside Peter in his room as his laptop was the only thing lighting the room up. Danny had his back against the bed frame with his laptop on his lap while the blanket was covering his waist, he let out a sleepy yawn as he kept on typing on the keyboard. He's been awake till four in the morning finishing his missed work and finishing his work from Saturday so he can spend his time with Peter or maybe training at SHIELD. He glances at Peter as he felt Peter turn his body around facing the window with a low groan, he watched over him as he kept tossing and turning feeling uncomfortable on the bed. Danny watched in concern as he sees sweat on Peter's forehead and thinking he was probably feeling hot he removed the blanket from him causing Peter to suddenly wake up and grab his wrist with a tight grip.

Danny:Ow! Peter!
*he loudly whispered to Peter who looked shaken with his eyes wide and heavy breathing*

Peter shook as he quickly freed Danny's wrist and he avoided eye contact with him as Danny rubs his bruised wrist. He looks at Peter who had his head turned towards the closed window but his head slightly down, he could see Peter trembling and tightly clenching his fists with the blanket. Danny closes his laptop and places it on the drawer beside Peter's laptop and he places his hand on Peter's shoulder making him flinch but not wanting to turn back and face him. Danny called his name in a gentle and tender tone as he places his chin in his shoulder and his arms wrapped around him under his arms, he could hear Peter's loud beating heart and his steady breathing while he wouldn't answer.

Danny:Did...you have a nightmare Peter?
*he spoke in his low tone, receiving a response from Peter with a slight nod as he still wouldn't face him, he remained clenching on his blanket tightly as he was still looking panicked but being able to calm down from his slow and steady breathing*
Do you want to talk about it?

Peter:...no, you can keep working...I'll try to get back to sleep
*he laid back on his bed with his back facing Danny, Danny reached his hand to Peter's arm making him widen his eyes and jump and looks up at Danny silently as Danny forms a reassuring warm smile*

Danny:I can get you some water and help you sleep, is that alright?

Peter:What about your-...?

Danny:My work isn't important now, I can finish it another day, I'll go fetch some water for you to calm down then we can talk if that helps you sleep
*he smiles warmly at him with the moonlight lighting his smile for Peter to see, Peter kept staring quietly as Danny had already left the room*

Peter sat up with his knees close to his chest as he hugs his arms around them with his head down. He felt his heart race a bit after hurting Danny and he tightens his fist angrily, he felt his eyes water but held back his tears and he wipes them. He turned his attention to the closed window and began to remember his night terror that was slowly drifting away from his mind. He remembered not moving on his bed and couldn't let out a word or move his mouth, it was like his lips were glued together. He kept trying to move but was still tied down on the bed, there was nothing around the bed, everything was black and he was alone, there was only a white door in front of him so he kept trying to move to walk towards the white door. His body froze and chills ran up his spine while his eyes slowly glances to his leg that felt like someone was sliding something sharp, it was a nail tracing up his leg and to his thigh and chest as the figure was covered in a shadow with their clear hand exposed. The only thing Peter could see from within the shadows was white, someone had white over their head, white hair. To the sight of this Peter's eyes widened and his pupils shrank and he forced himself to move and had crawled down the bed with his legs and arms numb, he reached his arm out to reach the door knob of the white door in front of him but gotten pulled back by the shadowed person grabbing a chunk of his hair and pulling him back by force. It kept pulling him away from the door making his sight turn black, when he opened his eyes he was face to face to the shadowed figure holding him down with their nail dug deep into his skin from his wrists. Peter turned pale as the figure whispered beside his ear in a deep tone that he recognized, the figure said, "You'll quit soon, will you Einstein? It'll make everyone happy if you just give up". He felt his head burn in a massive headache and kept turning his head to left and right as he kept hearing insults thrown at him, some in different voices that were hard to pinpoint whose voice is whose. Insults were mostly him being a pushover, not being good enough, a murderer, a liar, quitter, making him doubt himself, the insults kept being thrown at him making his eyes water. At that moment he awaken from his sleep from Danny removing his blanket from him sweating and had accidentally injured Danny, Peter cursed to himself as the door opened revealing Danny walking in with a cup of water inside. Danny hands him the cup of water to him with his usual smile making Peter feel a small tingle inside him, he grabs the cup and took a sip out of it as Danny sat on the bed and sat near Peter with the light of the moon shining on them.