Chapter 74 "What Are You Planning?"

~~~~~~

Peter kept his hand warm as he walks alongside Danny down the sidewalk getting close to arriving to MJ's house. He would look at Danny in the corner of his eye to see his expression of seeing Harry behind bars in SHIELD. Peter expected Danny to look excited for at least a bit but instead he looks calm and collected, not an ounce of bothersome whatsoever. Peter looks past Danny and they both stop now that they were in front of MJ's place.

Peter:This is your stop then, I'll see you later
*he moved his arm to walk away but his hand was still being held by Danny. He looks at Danny and tilted his head*

Danny:Are you sure that you don't want to come with us?
*he asks while he looks at Peter who only stared and blinked while he turns away, then he forms a small smile at him*

Peter:I'm sure. I know that he doesn't want to see me after how things ended between us

Danny:Then I can stay too if you want

Peter:No you should go with them. Harry doesn't know about you being with SHIELD too so we should keep it that way

Danny still looked hesitant and held his hand tighter. Peter only sighed and places his hand on Danny's.

Peter:You're one of his friends aren't you? You should visit him with MJ to show that you want him to get better again

Danny:Don't you also want him to get better?

Peter:I do! I really do hope he can get better it's just that we had a small falling out and it's a bit awkward between us
*he spoke as his ocean eyes trailed away from facing Danny with his eyebrows low and small frown*

Danny was about to open his mouth to tell him that he'll stay behind too but MJ had called out to them from the window. They both looks forward to the house and sees the window open with MJ waving her hand and smiling, as Sam and Luke was peeking out behind her.

MJ:Hey! Are you coming in?
*she asks before she rubs her hands together from the cold air with a shiver*

Peter:In a minute MJ!
*he spoke out towards her at the window and she quickly responded with a nod and instantly closed the window and curtains as she rubs her arms*

Peter looks back at Danny and he grabs his hand and moves it away making his hand get free from Danny's grasp. Danny turns to him confused while Peter shoved his hands inside his jacket and formed a strained smile.

Peter:I'll get going so make sure to contact me with your communicator if something happens okay?
*he tilted his head towards Danny who blinked and slowly nodded*

Peter's fake smile had fade away by seeing Danny's discouraged expression and looks around their surroundings and at the closed window in case the others weren't peeking through it. His cheeks began to fire up as he reaches his hand out towards him; he intended to cup his kiss and give him a small peck but instead slaps his back. This made Danny still and give Peter a questionable expression.

Peter:You should get in already since I'm freezing through my socks and six layers of sweaters...unless you want me to get sick again

Danny:I don't want that
*he finally forms a small smile, Peter felt like staring at it for hours but just smiled and turns away with his arm resting on Danny's shoulder. Then he stepped away with his hands in his pockets again*