Chapter 30 "What a Great Boyfriend..."

Danny stepped back into his office at the atmosphere between him and Peter became awkward. He looks at Peter who kept his attention to his homework then he walks towards his desk and had sat on his chair and had grabbed his phone and sees the screen filled with messages and missed calls by Emma and Ward. He then flips his phone down onto his desk and had threw his back onto the chair then had turned his attention to Peter. Peter then places his homework in his binder then he closes it and puts it inside his backpack. Peter then looks up to the clock that was up on the wall in front of him and sees the time that showed 7:27 pm then had looked out of the large window and sees the clear black sky

Danny:What's wrong Webs?

Peter:It's getting late and May is probably already home, she'll blow her brains out when she sees me and would probably ground me for a million years*he sat up as he grabbed his backpack and puts it on and grabs the white small empty box with chopsticks*Are you coming Danny?

Danny:I am, you can wait for me outside...*he said softly as Peter grabs the white bag and places the box inside then he walks towards the light gray door and had opened it and froze as he sees a blonde teenager with her school uniform and skirt as she had a thin sweater as she looks at Peter in a puzzled look*

Emma:Hello, is Danny Rand in his office?

Peter:(why does she look so familiar..? Wasn't she at the party the other day?)*Danny then stood up and stepped beside Peter as Peter looks at him as Emma as well looks up to Danny then she forms a small smile*

Emma:Hey Danny...I've texted and called you...

Danny:Sorry Emma, I just saw them now, my phone was on silent...

Emma:Can I come in...?*she asked in a low tone as she smiled up to Danny then he smiled back*

Danny:Sure sorry Emma...*he then turned to Peter who was standing awkwardly with the white bag in his hand*Do you want my driver to drop you off at the train station Peter?*Peter then looks at him in a blank expression then he forms a reassuring smile*

Peter:No it's fine Danny...I'll go on my own...*Danny then looks at him in a stern expression then Peter looks away and proceeded to walk out of the door as Emma stepped in and walked past Danny*

Danny:Can you be able to walk due to your injury Peter?*he spoke as Peter looks at him*

Peter:I've told you a million times that I'm fine Danny, you're not my babysitter*he said in an annoyed tone as he looks away from Danny*Just...talk to your friend or whoever she is...*he then walked towards the elevator and had pressed a button then the elevator opens in front of him then he steps in as Danny and Janet watched then she turned to Danny*

Janet:Mr.Rand, if you don't mind, can I ask you a question?

Danny:Sure Janet...what is it?

Janet:What's your relationship with him...?*Danny then looked at her in silent then he looks to the floor*I-I'm sorry...I didn't meant to offend you Mr.Rand...

Danny:No it's fine...I get why you would ask that...but I can't answer that with Emma here. Sorry Janet...

Janet:Uh no it's alright Mr.Rand...sorry for bothering you. Just call me if you need me to contact your driver*Danny then nods at her as he smiles and she smiles back then he closes the door behind him and he stood against his desk as he faced Emma who was sitting on the couch*

Danny:So what brings you here Emma?

Emma:I just wanted to see you...and I wanted to talk to you about our arranged marriage...

Danny:What about it?

Emma:Don't you think it's a good idea to come through with the marriage...?