Chapter 97 "Scared?"

~~~~~

"It was less than an hour ago that the well-known teenager who is most commonly known as a member of the Fantastic Four, the Human Torch, was taken away by authorities of the Raft and General Ross. After his attempt to escape with the vigilante Spider-Man, he had decided to quietly turn himself in with his accomplice. We will follow up with new updates after this commercial"

The chiming of the door had brought the forced greeting smile from the cashier. Her face dropped when the sight of a torn and dark-bloodied slumped spider and a green figure stepped into the shop with two other teenagers accompanying them with a broken-down box. They stomped over to the cashier as the other two costumed figures walked over to an empty four-seated table with the least amount of customers around them.

Jessica: Hey. You shouldn't leave your customers waiting right?

Her firm and cold voice combined with her pale face with little bruised color on her lips and eyes. Staring intently and unwavering at the cashier who had been staring at the costumed pair from afar, she trembled from Jessica's cold gaze until the other teen spoke with a sweet and greeting smile, the colored bruises from his lips and cheeks hiding under the dark shadow from his hoodie.

Carlos: Ignore her. We like to order the family deal-

Jessica: 2 family deals

Both the cashier and Carlos look over in her direction with their brows raised, the cashier watching silently to Carlos tugging Jessica's arm, his smile breaking as he questioned with a deep hiss.

Carlos: Who do you plan on feeding with two large deals? We might as well feed the soldiers who took your friend away

Carlos received a flaring glare from Jessica. Merely shrugging from her response and curiously looking back to the couple and then looking back to the cashier with a wide smile.

Customers whispered and observed the couple who sat by each other in cold silence. Despite the cold silence and mood between the pair, the other's movements would light the spark of flame between the two. Wrapping a coat around the spider's shoulders and coldly staring up at the TV screen in the far corner of the building. It showed video footage of Johnny. He was dragging his feet down the pavement as he approached a black copter with his head up, his face still determined and unchanging despite the number of weapons and talks directed towards his direction. For the first time, Johnny didn't try to fight back. Didn't try to throw any remarks to the soldiers pulling him up the copter. Didn't allow himself to cry and break down about his freedom being taken away unlike how he cried in front of Peter.

Danny couldn't help but huff a smile. It was out of character to see Johnny not put up a fight and cause trouble, it was almost uncanny to even imagine Johnny following orders from others. Before joining SHIELD, Danny studied the current heroes of the city. Aside from Peter being one of the first heroes he stumbled across, he grew to learn about Johnny and his obnoxious personality. The countless amount of annoyance and lack of respect for him by people in the city only increased day by day until he would be seen with Peter. After meeting him, there was a shift in behavior. Danny could just imagine the day they find out that Johnny gave himself up solely for Peter. The hotheaded, brash, and obnoxious Human Torch gives away his freedom to play around for a close friend. That's...not normal friend behavior...right?

Danny felt a small weight fall onto his shoulder. He looked down to see Peter resting his head on his shoulder, placing his entire weight on Danny with his fingers trembling onto Danny's thigh. His hand interlocked with Danny's and held tightly and remained quiet. A burst of whispers erupted after witnessing this. Eyes were stuck on them as the news of Johnny's arrest was still soaring around the city with Peter mentioned in every news article.