Chapter 51 "12 Years Old"

~~~~~~

Ava:I would have enjoyed a peaceful dinner for once...so why is Jessica here smoking as Danny is feeding Peter like a baby?
*she questioned in annoyance as Peter froze before Danny held up his spoon and had glared at Ava and just folded his arms*

Peter:I'm sick, and I'm comfortable like this!

Jessica:Says the one who was complaining of being treated like a child

Sam:Do you want a bottle of milk too Petey?
*he laughed along with Jessica as they were offered a glare from Peter then he turned away, Danny notices his small frown avoiding eye contact with the team and he sadly places Peter's spoon down*

Luke:Guys, stop it, although Mrs.Parker isn't here you should still keep your voice down
*Sam and Jessica had instantly became quiet as she continued to blow out smoke, Ava then spoke as she glances at Peter*

Ava:You're dealing with the trial tomorrow aren't you Peter?
*she asked as Peter froze, nearly forgetting about the trial, he scratched his left temple as he nervously spoke out*

Peter:Y-yes, I am...

Ava:Have you come up with something to say?

Peter:...not really...who would even believe mind control?

Ava:No one believed that dragons and aliens would exist yet here we are, after everything that happened in this city I'm sure the judge will believe you

Sam:Take Jessica to the stand to confess that Kilgrave mind controlled you, then the judge will believe you

Jessica:No

Sam:Why not?!

Jessica:Because I don't want to relive my memory with him, do you know how it was like to remember that nightmare?

Sam:Well your experience might help Peter! Poor kid haven't been in a courtroom in his whole life and needs a witness when he testifies!

Peter:Sam stop...I can't force her to get on the stand

Sam:Don't you want to win the case?! Stop cutting her some slack since she needs to move on from Kilgrave at some point...

Jessica:Do you really think that abuse and rape is easy to move on from? You have no idea what I've been through...

Sam:Wasn't he attracted to you first? Wouldn't it be your fault for wearing a revealing outfit as your superhero outfit?
*the table went silent in shock then before Jessica could talk again with a growl in her voice, they turned to Peter as he had suddenly stood up. Peter glances a menacing glare at Sam who had gotten goosebumps up his arms and had left his plate full of food on the table, he storms towards the staircase as Danny had instantly stood up to walk after him leaving the table in surprise*

Danny:Love wait...
*he had chased after Peter who was walking up the stairs to his room, then Jessica had also stood up*

Ava:Where are you going?

Jessica:To the backyard to take another smoke...
*she glances at Sam who had quickly turned away feeling regret then Jessica walked away to the back door leading to the back yard*