Chapter 96 "I love ya, you destructive dummy"

~~~~~~

Peter watched silently to Johnny's continuous protest and cursing, refusing to be held down by four soldiers as the fifth reached for their pocket to take out a chunk of a black collar.

He watched solemnly, losing weight to raise his body that the soldiers had to stand him up while ignoring the blood-stained on the spider's shoulder. He just lost the energy to move an ounce of his body and was unable to properly comprehend what the soldiers were talking amongst themselves that weren't death threats towards the pair and accusing them of being mutants. Peter only had the movements to control his facial expressions, forming a clenched frown as he bit his lip from listening to the soldier's disgusting insults. Then he remembered how cameras were pointed at them, they were broadcasted LIVE on the TV, being looked down upon by everyone in the city and from his team. Fury isn't here to help him, his team isn't here and didn't bother to try and help him and Johnny.

The mere thought of the team watching and sitting calmly on the couch acting like they're watching an action film makes his blood boil. But that anger rose down when he realized that there's a high chance that Aunt May and MJ could be watching, even if Aunt May is hopping in joy for seeing Spider-Man being taken away or not, he couldn't bare to imagine how she'll act when her nephew doesn't end up going back home for days. The stress and worry might end up getting her sick or injured if he was away, including MJ. She already has to handle her dad and Harry getting locked up and will crush her when her best friend gets taken away too without any access to seeing him. Same with Danny. Whether he was watching back calmly with the team or rushing his way to his location, he wouldn't want to hurt him any longer by just willingly getting taken away after the time they had together even if most of it was just arguments between the two.

Peter really wanted to see them.

"These damn mutants man...How did our work shift from being in the military to capturing mutants?"

The soldier complained as he held Peter up as the other held another black collar, one similar to what is intended to place around Johnny. The collar has a bar where the batteries and wires were placed, looking exactly like a dog collar.

Being dragged and treated like an animal with that collar was enough to make Peter want to punch their heads off. Everything around him was humiliating and being shown on the TV screen, he truly wants to break the screen in half. His body was pulled forward as his breath ran short when the black collar was fully covering his neck to resist any proper head movements.

Electric pain had surfaced up his body that he fell to his knees with an incredible amount of burns around his neck making his throat hoarse and unable to let a proper sound and word. He couldn't move properly other than twitch. The gunshot wound in his arm was burning ten times worse than the other times he's been shot. He lost full feeling in his arms and legs. They were unable to move without making him groan and hiss in pain from the slightest twitch in his body. Each burning cough would sting his throat under his mask and whimper when he noticed the sudden change, his body was heavier than before, and he kept taking shallow and husky deep breaths. The crowd continued to murmur and a few started to yell at the soldiers but stayed abruptly quiet after the soldiers made their weapons known when they would turn back.

Peter was grabbed under his arms as he sobbed, trying to pull himself but without struggle, the soldiers yanked him forward to head to their helicopter. Johnny watched in utter silence from listening to his friend's twisted eerie screams while Peter was getting dragged down the road.

Johnny: Stop! LET GO OF HIM!

His head was pulled back by the black collar causing him to gasp for air, he kept trying to break free before Peter had his wrists in stone-like handcuffs that weighed his arms down, the weight of the handcuffs causing the gunshot wound on his shoulder to feel as if it was spreading open.