Chapter 84 "Reaction"

~~~~~~

Peter and Sam walked alongside together past large groups of people past them. Everything was becoming foggy in Peter's eyes, his head began to buzz. His walking pace began to slow down and leaned against a wall by his shoulder. Sam stops and turns to him in worry, he grabs his arm.

Sam:Are you okay Peter?

Peter:...I'm fine. Just a bit tired...don't worry too much about me
*his voice was faint while rubbing his head*

Peter's glasses weren't helping him with his eyesight so when his hand reached to remove them, he thought about the necklace he was wearing. He touched the gold necklace and didn't felt the locket, he only felt the chain of the necklace. He could almost hear the moment his heart stopped beating at this realization. Peter turned his head back to the trail they had just walked from and pushed Sam away and walked towards the direction of the coffeehouse they were in, retracing their steps. Sam was quiet when Peter had suddenly pushed him and was looking for something on the stone sidewalk.

Sam followed after him and notices that the locket from his necklace was gone. He then thought that Peter was looking for the locket so he decided to help too and look around the sidewalk. Sam could already see Peter's frantic expression of losing something so small, he then remembered of where he saw the necklace from.

The necklace belongs to Danny...I think I remembered him wearing it for a few days in the blue and with him gone, Peter had put it on. Is he...missing Danny that much? He only thought about him today when it was supposed to be a day between us, and I could only get a reaction out of him if Danny is brought up...Now I feel so stupid to think that I still had a chance with him since he's gone. Peter likes him...not me.  I should have listened to Ava...

Sam felt his heart pounding and his mouth turning dry. He had the urge to cry but didn't allow tears to be formed in his eyes as he tightly shut them. He took a shaky deep breath before he continued searching for the locket that fell off. Peter was accidentally bumping into people as he kept looking anxiously, the top of his head had suddenly bumped against the chest of someone in front of him. That person grabbed his shoulder and spoke in a familiar voice towards Peter that made his eyebrows rise.

"Hey be careful, I have a boyfriend remember?"

Peter looked at the blurry figure in front of him and first noticed how short he was. Once his vision went into focus he recognizes the smiling expression of the boy in front of him. It was Bobby.

Peter:It's you...why are you-?

Peter sees Johnny behind Bobby with a puppy expression.

Peter:You're here too...did you two came together?
*he tried to sound as calm when he saw Johnny, he even took a step back as Sam stood beside him, looking at the two boys in fromt of him*

Sam:Hey, why are you-?

Johnny:Why are you out with Peter?! He has a boyfriend!

Before Johnny could approach Sam, his feet gotten iced on the ground by Bobby. Sam just crosses his arms and spoke with an arrogant tone.

Sam:So? Can't we go out as friends? They spend too much time together anyway...

Smoke was coming out of Johnny's head and the ice around him and his feet had melted into water, people were surprised and quickly rushed past the snow melting so suddenly. Peter would step back along with Sam from the intense heat he was setting off, surprisingly, Johnny was holding back from setting himself on fire.