Chapter 1 "It's What Friends Do" (EDITED VERS.)

This chapter came out earlier than I thought (о''о). The next one will possibly publish on or before New Years (this next section of the story got me excited and started writing really quickly the past 4 days (ToT).

~~~~~~~~

Raindrops were hitting the car window as the engine of the limo was background noise. Harry watched raindrops race down the window with his elbow planted against it, leaning against his arm.

"I can't believe that woman, leaving you in my hands while she goes on a cruise with other snakes"

Harry eyes his father, Norman, who is sitting in front of him with his phone in hand. His father was rubbing the bridge of his nose as he tightly gripped his phone and finally threw it on the empty seat beside him. Both of them locked eyes but Harry looked away by staring at the houses they were passing by.

It's been a while since he saw his dad. He's been living with him for so long until his mom came back and took him away for a year, both of them wanted him to have the best studies in a prestigious private school.

Harry was supposed to spend the day with his mom after moving in with Norman again but she failed to show up, and went to go on a cruise trip with her friends.

"How are you handling in public school? Did you improve your grades yet?"

Norman grabs a folder from another empty seat beside him with uninterest in his voice as he takes out papers and a pen.

It wasn't that long ago that he enrolled in public school. He was taken out of private school because of how low his grades had gotten which resulted in moving in with his dad for better "discipline", which was the word that his mom said.

Private school was pretty boring anyway, Harry was glad to be out of there. Public school isn't that bad. Some things weren't common in his old school. Fights, vaping, and vandalism were more common in his current school, it's a different breath of fresh air for him.

Harry: School is good, my grades are at a B now so it's been easy so far

"Pfft. Easy. Should've kept that same attitude when you still lived with your mother. Why don't you become like that boy who received all certificates at the award ceremony yesterday?"

Harry mentally gagged and rolled his eyes to the nagging. It ain't fair to be compared to a kid that they don't even know the name of. The boy that Norman was referring to is a kid named Peter Parker. It's a bit hard to forget a kid like him who constantly gets taunted and tortured by the kids at school, it's a bit pathetic in Harry's eyes. It felt obvious that Peter was just acting defenseless to attract attention from Mary Jane, the one who steps in to help him and holds his hand to cross a street.

Mary Jane is a pretty girl. Her standing next to someone like Peter is just odd and unfitting.

Harry: That boy goes by the name of Peter. No one that interesting, aside from his grades that is.

"Either way, you could learn a lot from him"

Learn how to become a punching bag that is, Harry answered to himself.

After passing through a traffic light, the raindrops were becoming heavier and slowly becoming difficult to see the view from out the window. He felt a pulse rise when he saw a familiar figure walking down the empty sidewalk with his bicycle. The figure's white collared shirt and blue backpack were enough to distinguish that it was Peter, speaking of the devil.