BONUS CHAPTER #22 - Naruto's Epiphany

A/N - Hey guys! I'm updating this a little early. This is a chapter that took place sometime around when Nia got drunk, but before her and Naruto confessed their love for one another. I really hope you guys enjoy this.

Please remember to comment and vote and enjoy ❤️

🌹🌹🌹

BONUS CHAPTER #22: Naruto's Epiphany

"It's true... I am... in love," Nia admitted to Jiraiya as they were out in the training fields.

"Oh?" The old man had a slight smile on his face.

"U-Uh huh," Nia only nodded, unable to keep eye contact.

"You've fallen for that knucklehead... I'm a little surprised, but not at the same time."

"What do you mean? Naruto's absolutely amazing. I love him."

"I know, but that kid has his flaws... But then again, you two were overly affectionate and protective with and over eachother."

Nia placed her closed fists near her heart and closed her eyes.

Jiraiya saw this and teased, "You love Naruto cause you think he's hot, right?"

Hearing this, Nia's eyes popped open and she blushed.

"Well, that's part of the reason, but it's not the main one."

"Oh? Then why do you love him?"

"He... made me want to accept myself.. He... inspires me. I love him cause he made me want to love myself even though I hated myself... even though I wanted to die," Nia shared. "He makes me want to be mentally strong like he is. He made me want to appreciate life even though I had thought horribly of it and wanted to end it."

Jiraiya only listened.

"Naruto is kind... He has the most accepting soul. He accepts others even if they're very imperfect and doesn't mind befriending people who are unfortunate and different than him. I think... he's a literal angel."

Nia had the blond in her thoughts.

"He's literally just so... amazing. It's his heart that I'm in love with, not just his appearance. I mean, yeah, he's pretty good-looking, but his personality... his spirit... his soul... it's all just so... beautiful. He's everything that I want in a guy... even if he does have lots of flaws as well. Naruto's just... imperfectly perfect."

"That's... very sweet," Jiraiya breathed. "You know, Nia... You might be embarrassed about your feelings, but your love for him... is very touching."

"I think... my feelings are very cringey and obsessive. The fact that he's not creeped out by me is shocking. I'm sure my love is very wrong."

"It may be a bit obsessive, but... what's so wrong about it? I mean, you love him for who he is. Your love isn't shallow like his "love" for Sakura, or worse, Sakura's "love" for Sasuke."

"I don't know, I just feel like... Naruto's WAY too good for me. I mean, he's literally just... I mean... a freaking dream. I think he's so magnificent. I'd give anything just to have him notice me or be with me," Nia sighed dreamily, thinking about even having the genin look her way.

"Yeah? Well, it's unfortunate he has his eye on Sakura..."

Nia's heart dropped.

"I know... He's literally just... obsessed with her... cause she's beautiful..." She then looked down. "If... I was beautiful, then maybe... just maybe he'd love me back."