Chapter 51: Swooned

Chapter 51: Swooned

"Curly Brow... it's been like ten minutes and you're still holding onto me really tightly," Naruto said as Nia clung onto him in a embrace, "You weren't kidding when you said you weren't gonna let go of me, huh?"

"Mhm." Nia mumbled shyly as her heart stammered at the affection she was giving.

The two were at the training ground with Jiraiya and Kakashi. The older man was writing in his book once more as he had a brief conversation with his friend.

"Looks like you weren't kidding when you said those two really hit it off," Kakashi plainly said as he stood next to the sannin who was sitting on the grass, "So... Naruto confessed you said?"

"That's right. You heard right, Kakashi. It's about damn time he did too cause I was close to pulling out all my hair thanks to those two making their feelings for one another so darn complicated, you know?"

Kakashi chuckled, "I know what you mean. The way you explained everything to me sounded like something out of one of your romance books."

"Even those books were a lot less complicated, Kakashi."

"Well... you're not wrong, Master Jiraiya."

They then gawked at the two teens hugging a few yards away.

"It's surprising to hear he's over Sakura," The copycat ninja commented, "At times I thought he'd never get over her. Quite frankly, I was beginning to worry."

"Yeah well, you can thank me for that one really."

Kakashi placed his hands in his pockets, "I'm a little surprised you didn't try to persuade Naruto into going after the better-looking woman, Master Jiraiya. What made you wanna persuade Naruto into acting out his feelings toward Nia?"

"He smiles a lot when he's with her. Nia makes him feel at ease. He's not stressing himself with her like he did with Sakura. To put it plain and simple: She makes him happy somehow," Jiraiya answered as he finished writing a sentence in his book, "I wanna see Naruto happy. It makes me feel at ease as his master. If that means he'll be able to be in a better mood with Nia then so be it. I don't see what's the problem with him falling for her."

"Well, it is a master's job to keep his pupil feeling one hundred percent..." Kakashi replied.

"Exactly." Jiraiya agreed.

"I guess Sakura did give him a hard time with her obsessing over Sasuke and all. Not to mention the strain she put on him to bring Sasuke back to her." Kakashi then reminisced the times his female student swooned over the Uchiha.

However, as soon as his name was mentioned, Jiraiya set his ink down and directed a solemn expression to the jonin.

"You do remember our duty in defending Nia with our lives, don't you?"

Kakashi nodded as the atmosphere around them suddenly grew serious. The wind blew through the grass and the air became a bit cold and chilly.

"She's one of the nine-tails guardians and therefore has a death sentence... Have her killed and Naruto will be in even more danger."

Jiraiya sighed then said, "You need to be careful too, Kakashi. You have one as well."

"As much as I would like to say it's not true... I do in fact do." The jonin acknowledged the truth of it all as he then looked up to the sky.

And wherever Sasuke is... I hope he knows he may be targeted as well...

Back where Naruto and Nia were, the kunoichi held onto the genin's hand as she timidly stared to the ground.