Chapter 35: A Hyuga's Destiny - Neji's Story

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A side branch...

Neji never really fully understood why his family just had to be part of the side branch, the branch that had to spend their lives trying to protect that of the main one. He always considered himself much too gifted to be part of the branch that had to serve instead of receive.

He lost his father long ago due to the fact that he was the lesser and younger of his older brother. Neji always had to deal with his death running across his mind every moment of his life. Why did he do it? Why did his father protect his brother when he could've just let him die? Was it really necessary?

Apparently... it just was.

The thirteen-year-old boy spent his days in the shadow of his younger cousin, Hinata Hyuga. He hated that girl. He hated that she was not fit to lead the Hyuga clan as Neji believed himself to be more suited for the role.

He hated that she was gentle and very hesitant. He believed that as the heir of the Hyuga Clan, someone as weak as Hinata shouldn't inherit the leadership position it takes to make sure the clan is where it's ought to be.

"Neji!" A voice called the genin from behind.

The long-haired boy turned to face the ever so energetic, Rock Lee.

"I've come to challenge you once more!" The determined young boy pointed his finger at the genius.

"Why do you bother?" Neji shot his teammate a glare, "You know that you can never beat me no matter how hard you try, Lee."

"That is not true." Lee stood tall, "I train very hard everyday while you rely on your natural talent to beat your opponents. I'll show you that with hard work and determination, anyone can beat a genius with natural-born talent who doesn't put in the effort to improve himself!"

Neji sighed then walked away.

"Face me like a man!" Lee called out, "I thought Hyugas don't back down from a challenge?"

This seemed to catch the Hyuga boy's attention. He looked behind him without turning his body completely.

Rock Lee was itching for a fight. He wanted to test his skills out on Neji at least a few times a week to see where his progress was at. Did he improve or did he need to intensify his training? Those answers could only be revealed by challenging Neji to a match.

"Why don't you challenge me after the Chuunin Exams. Don't we have to begin our first test tomorrow morning?"

"Lee, Neji's right." Tenten placed a hand on her teammates shoulder, "We don't have time for this, we need to rest up for whatever tomorrow brings us,"

Lee wanted to fight but he knew Tenten was right. He needed to save his strength for the next day.

Neji sighed and went off his own way. So many things ran through his mind. One being that of the curse mark. The mark placed on his forehead to ensure that he won't be able to disobey the main household. Oh, how he hated it.

It truly was a curse indeed.

Images ran through his head of his father being tortured by the seal. Neji always resented his uncle for allowing his own twin brother to go through such things... for being the reason as to why he died.

The long-haired boy halted and clenched his fists as he gritted his teeth while looking at the ground.

'He shouldn't have been the one to die!' He thought, 'He wasn't the one who killed the man of the Cloud.'

However, no matter what Neji said or did, there was no bringing back his father. Instead, he was forced to keep having nightmares about his deceased father... and it was all due to destiny.

Suddenly, as if by magic, the scenery around him changed. He was in a place of nothingness. Neji also noticed something strange. Everything seemed taller to him and his body felt light and squishy. He looked to his hands and saw that they were like a child's.

When he gazed back up he saw something that caught his eyes.

"Father!" The little boy ran after a man who had his back towards him.

However, the man was walking away, and with each step the child form of Neji ran, the older man would seem to distance himself more.

Tears ran down the boy's face.

"Father!" He cried, "Father!"

"You won't be able to catch him..." A voice from the shadows echoed through the void.

It was cruel. The tone was maniacal and definitely ice cold. This voice belonged to Hanshin. He was able to enter through his victim's dreams and make them feel as miserable as possible.

Neji could hear him but was unable to see the man. The toddler only kept chasing after his father.

Finally, his father did turn around, but when he did, he was slaughtered. His blood splashed on Neji's face. The boy froze and trembled as he witnessed his father lie down dead in front of his feet.

"F-Father..." His voice was shaky.

Numerous tears slipped out of the boy's eyes as he fell to his knees.

Hanshin let out a psychotic laugh and it ringed through Neji's ears. He placed his hands over them and closed his eyes.

"I-It's not funny!" He sobbed, "It's not funny!"

When he reopened his eyes, the scenery changed again, but this time, to a black void as opposed to a white one. His father still layed where he was at, his blood being the only thing visible.

Neji tried to activate his byakugan, but saw no one. There in that void, he was forced to relive his father's murder again and again as Hanshin allowed this to take place in Neji's Dream.

On the outside, as he was wrapped with webs, Neji now too wept blood.

---

A/N - Well, that's it for today you guys :) if you haven't seen it on my 1st Gohan book, I posted a topic about NaruNia on it :)

If you wish to read it, go ahead.

Anyway, please comment and vote :)

Have a great night everyone