Chapter 23: Naruto's Questionable Feelings

Please consider commenting and voting ❤️ enjoy!

🌹🌹🌹

Chapter 23: Naruto's Questionable Feelings

"KEH!" Nia was sent crashing to the ground after having been kicked in the stomach during a sparring match with Naruto.

The blonde landed gracefully to his feet from the air while the girl struggled to sit up as she rested an arm over her stomach and gritted her teeth in slight pain.

"Geesh, you're good," She praised the blonde before wincing. "I can't even come close to beating you... You must've been really holding back the first time we fought..."

Naruto kneeled and lightly shook his head. "No... I was really trying to take you out that first time. No offense, but I wasn't about to let some random girl who came outta nowhere show me up. I struggled a bit cause you have a knack with taijutsu... I realized your ninjutsu needed work and took advantage of your disadvantage, is all. Not only that, but you tend to be aware of your surroundings and take advantage of things of that sort when fighting... you're pretty clever. Even now you're quick to think of something new to wear me down or find a way to examine my strengths and weaknesses then use them to your benefit, ya know?"

"You... think?" This flattered the kunoichi.

"Yeah. Oh, and don't sweat about the fact that I won this one. The important thing is that you're improving your skills little by little. I'm impressed with your progress so far. Besides... training with you kinda helps me to improve my lacking taijutsu techniques."

"I see..."

Standing to his feet, the blonde stretched out his hand with a warm smile.

"Now, I think that's enough for today! You're pretty fleshed out but I think you have a hard time remembering which hand seals to perform when you're trying to draw out your ninjutsu... Anyway, we can work more on that tomorrow. Here, let's go warm up by the fire or something; I'm sorta freezing."

Nodding as she returned the smile, Nia took the genin's hand and was helped to her feet though she was still feeling the effects of their sparring match on her body.

"Man... maybe I was a bit rough on you... you look a bit hurt." Naruto noticed her still wincing and rubbed the back of his head apologetically.

Nia shook her head. "No, I'll be just fine. I... made a mistake and you took that opportunity to cash in on that."

"Sorry..."

"Naruto, I just said it's fine."

"Yeah, I know, but-"

"I'm okay," The girl lightly rested her hand on his arm. "Don't worry so much. I mean, you're strong and all, but I can handle a few hits..."

The blonde crossed his arms behind his head. "Yeah... I guess you're right."

"So then... where's Jiraiya-sensei?" Nia observed the area.

Naruto sighed. "This old man just comes and goes whenever he pleases... if he's going to leave us stranded in a random village for some time, the least he can do is inform us on where he's headed. Though he probably is at some girly joint again. It is getting to be about that time of night, ya know?"

Nia sweatdropped.

Grabbing her wrist, the genin then walked forward, stringing the girl along with him.

"Oh well, complaining about it isn't gonna change the situation. You're shivering too... we need to head back. I'm sure by now the fish is heated properly. Let's go eat."