NEW STORY - LOOKING FOR BETA READERS (IMPORTANT)

Hey guys! So in case you guys didn't see my update to my mental health post, I mention that I've found a great idea to write about for my new original story, BEAUTIFULLY ENOUGH

So, I was thinking of how I'm actually probably NOT gonna publish that new story of the burned victim on wattpad since when I finish, I wanna query and if agents see that I already posted my story elsewhere, they'll want me to change everything or may not want it.

I was thinking of having beta readers read on google docs since apparently, you can comment on it like wattpad and give feedback to me. I've completely edited three full chapters and am almost done with the fourth and wanted to know if any of you would help me by being one of my beta readers?

You'd be the first and only people to read the book as it's being written before anyone else. Now as a beta reader, your job would just be to read the book as you would on wattpad and comment THROUGHOUT each chapter, giving me your reactions or thoughts to things being said or written in them. If you spot out anything that doesn't make sense within the story, like a plot hole, you can point that out of you can just comment anytime you laugh or enjoy a scene or thing a character says like in wattpad.

So ya, since I can't let new people on wattpad see this book, I'm gonna really need to rely on the few or several of you guys I choose to continuously read this story to completion so that I can get feedback and increase my chances of getting published fr one day. Imma need people who seriously want to see me succeed help me with this.

So, I'm not looking for silent readers or anything. On wattpad, people can choose to do that but as for beta readers, your main purpose is to share your thoughts and opinions on each chapter to the author. There's no just reading through whole chapter without saying nothing. If you're like that, I can't have you as a beta reader.

My goal is to have others be a pair of second eyes to me and point out things within the story that I never thought of. For example, there's a scene where the main character is being bullied at recess and a beta reader pointed out, "where's the teachers" 🤣

It clicked to me then that I forgot that teachers should be watching students as they play. Basically, they pointed out something that should've been common sense lol

Anyway, here's the cover

Here's the summary:

At age two, Diamond Holmes suffered major burns after having tipped over a pot of boiling hot water on herself. After numerous surgeries, she struggled with her self image due to the scarring and frightened reactions to her from other children. To her, it was as if she were cursed. Through all her struggles, her greatest escape from the pain was music — singing.

One day, she gathers the courage to post her talent online and as she suspected, hate comments begin to flood her video. However, one comment from a popular singing channel catches her eye, complimenting her on her voice, and when she sees their face, she realizes it was from the most popular, handsome boy in her school: Nicholas Carter

Bewildered, she contemplates on what she should do. Reply back? Or maybe... thank him personally?

Is Nicholas as sweet as he appeared online or will her burns scare him away... just like the rest?

If you're interested in being a beta reader and reading this story, that I won't be posting on wattpad, comment down below or message me!

Have a great rest of your day ❤️