Chapter 56: Snowy World

Nia awoken on something crunchy yet cold. Her eyes focused on the grey sky above her. There were no clouds whatsoever. The air gave her skin chills. It was freezing.

"What... happened?" She asked herself as she felt fairly weak and a little dizzy.

"If you're awake then get up," A man's voice said to her as she looked to her right, "It's already bad enough I needed to wait for you to gain consciousness."

"Wait..." Nia's eyes widened as she recognized who was speaking to her, "You're the guy... from the forest all those months ago..."

The hot guy...

Black styled hair with a tint of blue in them, onyx colored eyes, milky white skin, tall, handsome, yet had a very intimidating expression on him. This young man wore a symbol on the back of his shirt that Nia could've sworn she seen before but couldn't exactly bring herself to remember what clan the male belong to.

Standing over her... was Sasuke Uchiha. The very real and very alive teenaged boy.

He didn't say anything as the girl stood up. She noticed she was wearing a long brown coat with a hoodie. She twirled to look at it then looked to the only other person in the area.

Again, he didn't say anything.

"What happened? Where are we?" The girl then asked.

I was just with Hanshin wasn't I? Where did he go? How did I get here?

Sasuke gave an answer, "I don't know about you, but I was tricked. Someone caught me off guard and placed some kind of paper seal on my back. The next thing I knew, I was sucked into some blackhole and landed here. You appeared not too long after."

"That's... what happened to me too. I felt someone slap something on me when my back was turned and I was sucked into some black hole just like you... but..." The girl then indeed saw the paper seal on Sasuke's clothing just below his Uchiha crest as it glowed blue, "I ended up somewhere else... and now I'm here. I don't-"

"Let's get moving," The boy cut her off as he began to drag his feet through the thick heavy snow, "I was going to leave you, but I can't go too far from you as long as this paper seal is on my back for some reason. Therefore, you're coming with me."

Though she was extremely hesitant and found the Uchiha suspicious, Nia followed where he was going anyway.

"Wait! I don't understand! Where are we going?! It looks like we're just walking in an endless trail of snow. There's literally nothing around us, but snow!"

"..." Sasuke didn't answer.

Nia looked at him and frowned.

This guy is a man of few words...

Sasuke then gritted his teeth as he thought about what happened to him. He was asleep when everything had happened.

I let myself fall for something so idiotic. I shouldn't have let my guard down by being so focused on heading to the Leaf and exhausting myself just to capture this girl. The mission I was assigned was only to get me in a vulnerable state. Capturing and killing this girl wouldn't have led me to Itachi... Hanshin must've formulated a plan to kill me as my mind was too occupied on the mission. I became careless.

He then clenched his fist as he knew that what was happening right now was no genjutsu but something else instead.

Behind him, Nia started to feel the stress overwhelming her inside.