Chapter 6: I Beg Of You

The early sun was rising upon the faces of Naruto, Nia, and Jiraiya. Currently, the sannin was still waiting for an answer out of Nia's mouth.

"Well..." He said, "Are you gonna explain yourself? What are you doing away from your village?"

Nia quivered but remained tall. Her hands trembled but she placed them behind her so that neither of the male ninja would notice her uneasiness.

Would Jiraiya accept her? Would she have to head back to her village disappointed or would she somehow force the man to accept her as a pupil?

"Mmm..." She hummed, "I left... my village. I went rogue."

"What?!" Naruto gritted his teeth. This reply had made him agitated, "Why would you do something like that? Do you even realize what you've done?"

"Of course!" Nia barked back, " And I don't regret it at all! Not a single bit!"

"But-" Naruto leaned forward before Jiraiya puts his arm in front of the younger male.

"That's enough, Naruto."

Nia looked away from the blonde when he made eye contact with her. It wasn't shyness that made her do it but the fact that she didn't want to look in the eye of someone who appeared either disappointed or angry with her. It greatly bothered her.

"Nia... What made you leave your village?" Jiraiya asked softly.

Nia's eyes drifted to the ground. She thought of all the insults, laughter, bitterness, loneliness, and depression she dealt with.

"I left because... Because..."

The dark-haired girl shook her head, "Just forget about all that! The main reason I left is because I wanna be a better ninja! But most of all, I wanna be just like you, Jiraiya-sensei!"

"Eh? Just like me?" Jiraiya pointed at himself.

"Yes!"

Naruto chuckled, "You don't wanna be like Pervy Sage at all, trust me. This guy is a scatterbrain, pervert, and overly dramatic. You don't want to even know the rest."

"Like you're one to talk. You're just as much as a pervert and dramatic as I am, Naruto." Jiraiya retaliated.

"Nuh uh! I'm not the one who writes all those dirty books!"

Jiraiya glared at Naruto, "They're not dirty! They're just something to arouse a man's imagination."

"Heh, whatever you say."

Nia became suspicious after seeing the bond that teacher and student shared. It made her slightly jealous.

Even Samoi and I aren't very close like those two are and she's been my sensei for years.

"What I meant by being like you Sensei is that I also wanna be known across the five great nations as a accomplished novelist! I wanna be as great of a writer as you are one day!" Nia told the truth.

Jiraiya seemed flustered.

"I see!"

He then began to laugh obnoxiously with his hands on his hips while his back pushed backward.

Naruto sweat dropped.

Great... He'll probably be in this mood all day since this is the first time someone other than a few adults actually like the books that he writes.

"So err... Which Makeout series book do you like the most?" Naruto whispered to Nia.

"Actually, I hate all his Makeout books." Nia answered loudly.