BONUS CHAPTER #39: Naruto's Wounds, Nia's Confession

A/N - Hey guys! This chapter is another bit of a repetitive one but it was really cute in my mind so I wanted to write it out in this scenario.

Please remember to leave some comments and vote and enjoy ❤️

🌹🌹🌹

BONUS CHAPTER #39: Naruto's Wounds, Nia's Confession

"Oh Naruto..." Nia had tears in her eyes as she ran her finger down Naruto's face as he laid in a hospital bed.

He was injured, sporting a black eye, and a bruised, cut cheek. He also had bruises and wounds on his body.

"Nia, how did he even get this banged up to begin with?" Jiraiya asked as he sat on a chair.

"A group of guys were saying awful things about me and it really hurt me and when Naruto saw how upset I was, he confronted the guys but they continued to make fun of me so out of anger, Naruto swung at them and he brawled all of them. They were really strong. He ended up winning, but he was left with some wounds," The girl explained.

"Geez... that guy will stand up for you no matter how dangerous it could be for him."

"It's my fault he's hurt! Because I was too weak."

Jiraiya stared at Nia's minor injuries.

"Don't say that. You tried to jump in and help him..."

"Yeah but when they attacked me, Naruto became furious... He got so mad, I was worried he'd transform... or that he'd kill those guys."

"Nia."

"Hm?"

"Does it ever cross your mind on WHY Naruto is so adamant on protecting you?"

"It's because he feels bad for me... and because he hates bullies."

"Sure... but do you know what the REAL reason is?"

"Um... because I'm defenseless?"

"No... listen Nia... this is the truth... The reason Naruto is so protective of you is... because... whether you wanna believe it or not... he has... feelings for you."

"Hm?" Nia blushed heavily.

"Yes, I said it. Naruto's in LOVE with you!"

Hearing this, Nia's heart raced.

"In love... with me?" She pointed at herself.

Jiraiya nodded.

"With... ME?!" Nia responded. "Nia Umino?!"

"Yes!"

"B-but Jiraiya-sensei, that CAN'T be right! I mean look at me! You really think he'd fall for someone who looks like... this?!"

"I mean... well, I can tell he likes you."

"But I'm HIDEOUS and FAT!"

"Maybe Naruto doesn't mind what you look like."

"But-"

"Nia, stop," Jiraiya scolded. "Just cause a lot of guys tell you or think you're unattractive doesn't mean EVERY guy will think that. There are some guys who can look passed the exterior of a woman once he gets to know her."

"But..." Nia clenched her lap as she sat on a chair beside Naruto. "Naruto's handsome... and he's athletic... and he's kind... and empathetic... and outgoing... and loud... and funny... and easygoing... and strong... and brave... and-"

"What's your point?"

"Well... he's too good for me. Someone like him... could never notice a girl like me," Nia croaked.