Chapter 72: Nia's Prophesied Death

"Great Elder, why is it that you have summoned me here?" Jiraiya asked as he stood before the great toad sage of Mt. Myoboku.

Two other frogs who was the Great Elder's most trusted frogs, Ma and Pa, were right beside him on either side.

"Just remember, Great Elder," Pa spoke, "This is Jiraiya boy."

"Who?" The old frog blankly looked at the white-haired man.

Jiraiya sighed, "It hasn't been that long since you've seen me, has it?"

"This sorta thing always happens," Ma complained, "This old old geezer just can't remember anything."

"Ma, don't speak that way about our Great Elder." Pa scolded.

"I do have a bad memory, so no offense has been taken." The large toad spoke as he then remembered his reasoning, "Ah, I've brought you here because I have had yet another vision, you see..."

"What?" Jiraiya was full ears, "If I may ask, what is it that you have seen, Great Elder?"

"Hmm... in my vision, I saw a girl in glasses, a blue-eyed boy, a pink-haired girl... and a masked individual. I believe... two are your students currently and the other is a teammate of one."

It didn't take long for the sannin to realize whom the toad spoke of.

Naruto... Nia... Sakura...

"Great Elder, do you mind explaining more of what you've seen?"

"I saw... buildings caught aflame and collapsing all around. Fire filled the area and the air was full of smoke and debris. Many people were sprout out on the ground without a breath of life in them. A masked individual were slaughtering them in order to get to someone."

"Do you think you may know the identity of this masked killer?"

When Jiraiya asked this, The Toad Sage ordered for the man to approach him and to close his eyes. When the sannin did, the large toad closed his eyes as well and placed a webbed hand over Jiraiya's eyes.

"My child, I will show to you what it is that I saw and heard as it'll be much more easier to see than to explain everything. I need you to relax and you'll begin to experience what I experienced." He instructed.

As the white haired man did as told, he suddenly felt as though he was taken to a forest during a dark night. As he saw this, everything began to set into motion.

~Vision~

"Dammit!" Naruto swore as he dashed through the forest as fast as he possibly could, "I can't believe I left her in that village alone! I should've known! Dammit!"

"Naruto!" Sakura cried out as she was quite a ways behind the genin, "Calm down, I'm sure she's-"

Suddenly, they heard an explosion ahead of them. They could see smoke rising into the air and heard lots of people screaming at the top of their lungs.

"That's... coming from the small village we just left out of."

Feeling a horrible tightness in his chest, Naruto clenched onto it very hard.