Chapter 33: Trail To Her

Naruto slammed his fist to the ground where the puppet once laid. Suddenly out of pure frustration, he gathered as much chakra as he could and summoned over a thousand clones of himself.

"Find Sakura at any cost no matter what!" The original yelled.

The clones headed off into different directions as did the original. Nia watched as Naruto did so and saw the worry in his eyes as he left.

"..." she stayed quiet.

Iruka noticed this behavior but didn't think of anything.

"Iruka!" Kakashi broke the guy out of his curious stare, "Neji found something! He thinks it may be a trail that'll lead to Sakura!"

"All right, let's get going then." Iruka replied.

However, just before he ran, he looked back to see Nia still standing in the same spot and staring in the direction Naruto went off in. This time, she seemed somewhat bothered.

'Nia...' Iruka stared, 'You can't possibly be starting to- could you?'

When the girl wouldn't budge an inch, Iruka called for her. However, she ignored him and actually went in the direction as Naruto did.

"NIA!" Iruka shouted as he watched her leave.

A sudden memory of her father entrusting him to keep the girl safe brushed in his mind. That alone gave Iruka the motive he needed to go chasing after the young woman.

In another direction, Kakashi noticed no other person was behind him or Neji.

"Kakashi, we'll have to forget about them for now, they can take care of themselves! We have to save Sakura our way!" Neji gave his opinion of the situation.

Kakashi didn't say anything as he followed behind.

I hope you're right Neji...

•••

"Sakura!" Naruto called as he jumped from branch to branch, "Sakura! Sakura! Sakuraaaa!"

Frantically, he looked all over for her but found nothing. Eventually, Nia was able to find the real Naruto and stood next to him on a branch.

"No luck, huh?" She spoke first as she viewed the profile of her friend's face.

"No." He answered before glancing over at his peer, "How did you find me this fast anyway? I literally made more than a thousand clones of myself, ya know."

"If I told you, you would change yourself up the next time we spar. I don't wanna have to deal with any of that so I'm not saying anything." Nia answered.

Her and Naruto then looked at one another but Nia quickly looked away as her cheeks slightly warmed.

She pulled down at her sleeves and hid her hands.

'His eyes got to me again.' she thought, 'So blue, big, and full of life. It reminds me of the ocean when I look at them sometimes...  the original has a sparkle in his eye that lets me know it's him and besides... he's freaking out the most so that was a dead giveaway too. Or who knows? Maybe I just got lucky?'

Naruto sweat dropped, 'Weird.'

He then ignored her actions and said,
"I'm gonna keep looking, you coming or what?"

"I'll catch up, just go ahead." Nia replied.

Naruto nodded then leaped. Nia gazed once more at the profile of his face then looked down at her hands as they slightly trembled.