Chapter 15: Two-tail Rage

The room's atmosphere felt dark and cold. The tails behind Naruto swung side-to-side slowly. His lips were black and his eyes wouldn't stop appearing more ferocious than before.

His new appearance alerted Mumi of the threat she was now in. She took her attention off of Nia and onto the jinchuuriki.

"So, you truly are a beast..." She said with a knowing look, "I just wonder which tailed-beast you possess? It must be the nine-tails since you're from the Hidden Leaf..."

Immediately, Naruto growled and dashed forward; he extended his tail and wacked the woman in a blink of an eye. She went flying through the roof and revealed where the outside was. He followed her out and left Nia where she was.

Her eyes were barely open.

'W-What... was that...?' She asked herself upon seeing what her comrade had become.

The dark aroma stayed in the room but also traveled outside. Because of Mumi being attacked, her jutsu was undone and Nia was free from the petals. She fell to the floor and winced in pain.

'Ah! That did NOT f-feel good.'

A leaf gently and swiftly fell right ahead of her. Nia wondered where that piece of nature came from and slowly looked up. Her eyes widened in astonishment.

'The outside!' She cheered in her head.

Suddenly, a blood curdling scream reached into her hearing and placed her in a deep fright. She froze and thought of where that might've came from.

The scream was definitely of a woman. In fact, the scream was from Mumi, who was trying to defend herself from the jinchuuriki. Naruto growled loudly and the sound of trees being sliced and the ground receiving craters could be heard miles away.

Nia gasped upon the realization that Naruto might've been in big trouble. Weakly, she pushed her battered body up. Her legs wobbled as she stood and her head felt as if it would give out and knock her into unconsciousness.

To her left, she saw a clone of Naruto's who had somehow yet not vanished. However, it was holding its eye as it limped weakly towards the kunoichi.

"What's happening out there?! Where did the original go? Is he alright?!" Nia threw an army of concerned questions.

"I-It burns..." The clone said in agony, "It burns s-so much...!"

"What...?"

With pain, the clone removed it's hand away from its eye and used it to lift Nia up into its arms bridal style. With all its strength, it kicked off the ground and hopped from wall to wall until it and the girl made it to the light of day.

The clone gently placed her on the ground and vanished right after. The chakra that got drained while in the cavern rapidly came back and was eventually restored in Nia. Because her legs were only bruised mildly, she was able to stand without too much difficulty.

The land she saw around her was nothing but destruction. Chopped trees laid around while smoke risen out of certain places. Nothing seemed to be anywhere near beautiful.

"Narutoooo?" The girl called out in the hopes that she could see her friend.

"Stay away from me, you horrible beast!" Mumi's voice could be heard several yards away.

Naruto's claws screwed deep in the earth and his aura blazed. In the distance, Nia finally spotted the transformed genin after following the woman's voice and looked in horror at what had already occurred.