Chapter 18.5: An Unexpected Turn Of Events Part Two

'Almost there!' Nia kept her legs going forward as she was desperate to be able to get the makeover that would get her the normality she craved.

However, a sudden sight from above caught her attention as did everyone else in the area.

To her, time seemed to slow down drastically as her eyes widened upon witnessing what looked like a few balls of paper falling gracefully from the sky and landing either inside a building, on the roofs or ground even.

A p-paper... b-bo-

Instantaneously, there was a blinding flash, like sheet-lightning, and a huge ball of varicolored fire belched upward, leaving a series of smoke-rings to float more slowly after it.

It was an enormous explosion. It was as though a fist of orange flame had decided to punch it's way out of the main complex of every building in the area. Windows shattered, smoke and fire rushed out, thousands of pieces of glass and steel, and a deadly rainfall, showered down. Alarms - shrill and deafening- erupted. A huge bite had been taken out of the side and the roof of the building Nia wanted to go inside of.

Far from the explosion, Naruto was still walking around the village as he suddenly felt the force of a shockwave push him forward from behind. He quickly caught his footing as he tripped and witnessed as buildings collapsed and the dirt from the ground was forced upward into the air.

"What the hell was that?!" He freaked out as he took notice of everything that was suddenly happening around him.

"IT'S THEM!" Someone yelled as a stampede of people came running in his direction with smoke covered all over them, "THEY'RE HERE TO KILL US ALL!"

Not wanting to be stumbled upon by the frightened villagers, the blonde jumped onto the roof of a still standing building.

As his mind made clear of what had happened, another set of explosions had made themselves known in his area. There was the fearful blow of the explosion, the noise of glass, the hoarse howl of people, the rushing of men, the sudden gulf, the awful gulfing whirlpool of horror in the small village.

Quickly, he got himself settled and summoned a number of clones to help save the weak. However, his eyes snapped open as he realized his master and Nia were last at the area where the first explosion happened.

'Damn it!' He suddenly took off in the direction where he had last seen his companions, 'Curly Brow! Pervy Sage! They're in danger!'

Meanwhile, where he was at, Jiraiya had lifted some debris that had fallen on him and some others off and coughed a bit as he found himself outside as the bar he was in had completely collapsed.

"What on earth just happened?!" He too observed how everyone was panicking and running about.

"The neighboring land is here to take a scroll our feudal lord had promised to hand them over a long while ago yet has failed to do so." A woman the sannin was with informed him of what she believed to be what was happening.

"Yes," Another woman spoke, "They warned that if he didn't hand it over, they would wreak devastation in this village."

"I see..." Jiraiya stood slowly to his feet, "Now... why don't you two and everyone else flee to safety. I'll take care of these people who are attacking your home."