Chapter 9: An Awkward Moment

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL STORY CALLED: Dare To Be Different!
It's a secret fanfiction of this book, just set in a high school setting. Think of it as Konoha High]
My account is: TheQueen923

Chapter 9: An Awkward Moment

"Stay close, Nia; I can't keep you out of my sight again." Naruto advised the girl following close behind him, "You'll probably get into trouble again."

"So you're actually gonna use my name now?" Nia replied as she quickened her pace to Naruto's; They were now side to side.

"Er yeah... I don't like the sound of Whisker Cheeks." Naruto said.

"I think it fits you."

"It does not."

"Yes it does," Nia giggled before poking a mark on Naruto's face, "Don't deny it."

"Oh yeah? What about your weird eyebrow?" Naruto smiled as he touched the girl's left brow, "Curly Brow fits you just as much as Whisker cheeks fits me, ya know?"

"You say that a lot, huh?"

"Hm?" Naruto blinked, "Say what a lot?"

"Ya know." Nia answered, "I don't really even know you but you keep saying that in almost every single sentence you say."

"What! I don't always say that, ya know!"

Nia bursted out laughing, "You just said it!"

Naruto realized what he said then looked away embarrassed.

In front of the two, a store with various sweets had catched Nia's attention. She ran off ahead of Naruto and stared at the section with different kinds of cookies.

Chocolate chip, M&m flavor, oatmeal; They were all her favorites.

Naruto caught up to Nia and smiled slightly when he saw her eyes twinkle.

'She's practically drooling over those things.' He laughed quietly inside.

"I would like the chocolate chip and M&m ones please." The girl made an order to the cater.

"That'll be a dollar." He said.

"Just one? That's cheap." Nia smiled as she dug through her pockets for her wallet.

Seconds passed to a minute.

"Eh?!" She couldn't feel anything, "What the heck! Where is it?"

Frantically, she searched every single pocket in and out her clothing.

"No! Where the heck is it?! I thought it was just in here!"

A sudden memory paused her actions. Back in the guest room where her sensei is, she left her bag beside the wall. It contained her money in there. Nia groaned and dramatically slumped her head and shoulders; She sulked about not being able to have her most craved treat.

Naruto saw the disappointment she showed and thought of himself when it came to him not having money to buy ramen from Ichiraku in the Hidden Leaf.

"I guess I have no choice." He said as he dug into his pocket and took out his green frog wallet then opened it and took a bill out even though it would bring him down to three measly dollars, "Here's a dollar."