Chapter 36: Loss After Loss - Kakashi's Story

There he was: The White Fang of the Leaf, Sakumo Hatake, lying on the cold floor lifeless

There he was: The White Fang of the Leaf, Sakumo Hatake, lying on the cold floor lifeless. His son, Kakashi Hatake, stood over his dead father's body in disbelief. It was a stormy and rainy night. The room would light up every few seconds whenever lightning struck the ground outside.

A tear slid down the young ninja's face.

'Father, why?' He thought to himself as he then got onto his knees. He placed his hands down on the wooden floor also and wept as he stared down at the man he had always looked up to, 'Why? Why would you throw your life away like this?!'

Each tear shed landed on Sakumo's cheeks. Kakashi then shook his father's body in the hopes that he would be able to somehow make the man come back to life, but of course... there was no bringing him back.

Once this realization had finally struck the white-haired boy fully, Kakashi lifted his father's head up and held him to his chest as he continued to sob for the rest of the night.

•••

Now, as a grown man, Kakashi now stood at the grave of his passed friend and comrade, Obito Uchiha, who had died during the third great ninja war.

'I came back again.' He said to himself as he replaced the flowers on his tomb with a more alive set of roses.

The wind blew as no one but Kakashi spent time in the graveyard. It seemed very long ago to him—Obito's and Rin's death. The copycat ninja had always blamed himself for their passing but also knew that they wouldn't want him to follow them in death until it was truly time for him to do so. Clearly, that time had not come, for Kakashi still had business left to take care of on Earth.

What he didn't know was that a ghost of Obito and Rin stood behind him.

"Don't ever pretend to grieve over us when you're the one who let us die." Obito spoke loud enough for his living old comrade to hear him.

Kakashi's eyes widened. Never before did he ever wanna turn around yet at the same time, stay still.

"He's right, Kakashi," Rin then spoke, "You killed me. You let Obito and I die... why didn't you protect us? You're a jonin, aren't you?"

Her voice was enough to get Kakashi to finally turn around. When he did, he saw the two looking the same fashion they did when they had died. Obito's right half of his body was completely destroyed beyond words and his left eye was gone as he gave Kakashi that eye while he was alive. Rin, on the other hand, had a hole in her chest and blood splattered around that area and blood running down her mouth. Her eyes lacked color and was dull.