Nine // Home Truths.

"Calum stop it." I groan pulling the blanket that had just been pulled away back up to my face; I was guessing that Calum being Calum was starting to get restless being the only one awake and so he decided to annoy me till I woke up, which was something that he seemed to do a lot.

"It wasn't me." I hear Calum lightly laugh. God what was he talking about? Of course it was him, did he think I was stupid or something.

"Yeah right." I scoff. "Just let me go back to sleep, today is going to be a long and busy." I tell him only to have the blanket pulled away a few seconds later.

"Oh my god." I huff before sitting up to look at Calum. Confusion floods through me though as I take in the sight in front of me. Calum was sitting up on his side of the bed leaning his back against the headboard with a cheeky grin on his face, but what confused me was the puppy that was sitting right beside him, it wasn't just any kind of puppy though it was in fact a beagle puppy.

"Merry Christmas G."

"Wait. What?" I ask feeling completely stunned.

"Remember when I asked you what your favourite dog was?" Calum asks and I nod feeling a smile creep onto my lips. "Well as soon as I knew your answer I decided that one day I was going to get you your own beagle and so I did." My eyes instantly begin to water at Calum's words which causes his smile to drop from his face.

"Genie-" Calum starts but I cut him off by leaning over to cup those wonderfully chubby cheeks of his and to press a sweet but short kiss to those plump lips that I loved so much.

"I love you, you know that right?"

"Yeah and I love you too." Calum says before smirking at me. "But I don't exactly love your morning breath."

"Oh shut up." I laugh pushing his shoulder slightly before turning my attention to my new puppy which was currently pulling at my blanket again. I gently scoop my new baby up so I can get a better look at him or her and so that we could fficially meet.

"Is it a boy or girl?" I enquire as the puppy starts to lick and nip at my hands, he or she was definitely playful.

"He's a boy." Calum tells me reaching over to pat him. "How cute is he?"

"He's the cutest." I gush because he really was. He looked like your typical beagle and even better he had those big floppy ears that I had always loved. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Calum shrugs as if it wasn't a big deal but to me it was. The fact that he decided such a long time ago now that he was going to get me a beagle one day made my heart warm.

"How did you get him here?" I question.

"Luke had him and he dropped him off early this morning." Calum explains and I have to smile.

"Good old Hemmings."

"Uh huh." Calum mumbles looking down at the puppy with a cute grin. Clearly Calum was already in love with him, just like I was.

"You're still something else you know?" I say and Calum looks back at me raising his eyebrows.

"Am I now?"

"You really are." I tell him remembering how unbelievably lucky I was to have him.

"I guess you have two puppies now." Calum says in amusement but he was actually right.

"I guess I do."

°●

"I want a puppy." Tommy whines looking at his parents. He had somehow managed to pull his attention from Walker (The name that i had finally decided on for the new boy in my life.) to complain to his parents.