Twenty Seven // Dangerous Territory.

"How's your head this morning Hemmo?" I ask in amusement as I enter the kitchen to find Luke with his head in his hands as he sits at the kitchen table.

"Fantastic." Luke mutters full of sarcasm.

"How much did you even drink last night?"

"Obviously too much." Luke lightly chuckles lifting his head up to look at me. His eyes seem to do a complete once over on me which after last night I find just a little unsettling.

I didn't quite understand what Luke was getting at when he said that its's a shame I'm with his best friend? What the hell did that even mean?

"Why exactly did you drink last night?" I ask in curiosity before pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"Uh well Katie and I kind of got in a fight and I just wanted to forget about it." Luke admits taking me by surprise.

"A fight about what?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Stupid shit." Luke shakes his head in annoyance. "This is gonna sound odd but you're wearing something underneath that right?" Luke asks motioning to Calum's t-shirt that I was wearing.

"Well yeah." I mumble feeling myself flush. I was kinda regretting not putting any shorts or pants on right now.

"Right." Luke grins looking nervous. "I don't really remember much from last night so I just wanna apologise for anything stupid I might of said or done."

"Don't worry, you were fine." I tell him before joining him at the kitchen table.

"Okay good." Luke nods looking relieved. "Genie can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I shrug giving him a smile.

"You and Cal have obviously had a...complicated relationship at times right?"

"You could say that." I lightly laugh because Calum and I had most definitely had a complicated relationship at times.

"Okay so my question is for you is has it been worth it?" Luke asks and I blink at him in confusion. What kind of a question was that? "Like after everything that's happened between you two, you're happy with him?"

"Well of course." I smile. "Where is this coming from exactly?"

"I just....things between Katie and I have changed a lot lately and I'm just trying to figure out if it's going to be worth continuing you know? I don't want to give something my all and then regret it." Luke explains looking very conflicted. I had absolutely no idea that him and Katie were having problems.

"I know what you mean."

"I guess after everything that happened with Claudia I'm really unsure about giving my all to someone which really isn't fair on Katie but it's just how I am now." Luke sighs and my heart breaks just a little for him.

I could only imagine how horrible it would be feeling like you could never really give your heart to someone because it would just get broken.

I also felt extremely bad for Katie because I know she has such strong feelings for Luke.

It honestly must just be so difficult for the both of them and I understood where Luke was coming from when he was asking if it was even worth it.

"My advice would be to just give yourself some time and give your relationship with Katie some more time because she's honestly a great person Luke and I know you care about her." I tell him and he nods though I can't help but notice how doubtful he looks.

"I'm afraid that I'm only just going to care about her though and I don't want to just string her along."

"Oh Luke." I sigh reaching over to give his hand a reassuring squeeze. I really wished that I could go back in time and stop him and Claudia from ever happening, Not just for Luke but for Claudia too.