Thirty Five // Breakups.

-Five Days Later.

Healing is such a strange process. There are days when you feel like things are getting better, the pain has started to fade and you're sure that sometime soon you will almost be back to the person you use to be, but then there are those days when you can't even see yourself making it to tomorrow, and it's usually on those days when the pain demands to be felt and reminds you just how bad you can hurt.  For me though, I've found that for the healing process it is almost essential to live through each day and take it as it is, regardless if it's a good or bad day because that's what helps you heal. You need to remember the pain but you also need to remember that it fades and that things can get better. 

I think after our talk Calum had started to understand that remembering the pain of loosing the baby was important to help him move on. He had seemed to be doing a whole better already and that reminded me just how strong we were and how much we had grown both as people and as a couple. 

I was proud of him and of myself because we had gone through one of the worse possible things ever but we were healing, we were continuing with our lives and trying to rebuild ourselves back up, and I knew that our baby, even though we'd never met was proud too. 

"I think we need to talk about the wedding." I blurt getting Calum's attention. We were currently in the living room just watching tv, well I was watching tv and Calum was texting and emailing away on his phone. 

"What about it?" Calum raises his eyebrows at me. We hadn't talked much about the wedding since we decided we wanted to get married in less then two months, and I knew that if we were going to go through with that then we should probably let everyone know and start getting things together.

"Do you still want to get married in June?" I question him. "I'm only asking because we need to start planning and also because I want to make sure that you're sure." 

"What do you mean make sure that I'm sure?" Calum frowns looking confused. I'll admit that after our talk that there was a small part of me that thought that Calum was only wanting to rush the wedding because he felt like he needed to marry me to I don't know...prove something? And he has been a little over the place lately.

"I just want to make sure that this is something that you really want." I admit and Calum's face drops and I know exactly what he's thinking. "I'm not having second thoughts Cal, I just don't want you doing something you feel like you need to do or anything like that. I know things have been hard since the baby and I just don't want that to be the reason why you want to get married so soon."

"Genie do you know when I knew I wanted to marry you?" Calum asks and I shake my head at him. "Well you already know about my embarrassing crush that I had on you in high school and this is only going to make it even more embarrassing but as soon as I saw you at the ball all I could think was that I wanted to marry you someday." (A/N: A ball is basically a prom.) 

"What?" I look at him in surprise. I don't think I even spoke to Calum for more then five minutes at our ball and If I I'm being honest I absolutely hated my ball dress so to think that that's when Calum knew he wanted to marry me was both flattering and mortifying. 

"I don't know what it was but as soon as I saw you I just knew and it scared the shit out of me because you were dating my best friend and I didn't think I had a chance." Calum says a small smile playing on his lips. "I just knew it was you and that hasn't changed Genie okay? I get why you're a little doubtful but you really don't need to be." 

"I wish I went to prom with you." I say and Calum smiles. It really still baffled me how I could of overlooked Calum for all those years, I was so utterly blind and stupid. 

"Yeah me too." Calum chuckles. "I've never been more jealous of Michael then I was that night."

"Don't let him know that." I snort knowing that if Michael ever heard those words from Calum's mouth he would never let him down. I'm sure Michael already knew that Calum was jealous about our short lived high school romance but Michael never really said anything about it, which considering how much crap Michael loved to give Calum and everyone else was quite surprising.

"I would never." Calum shakes his head before shooting me a mischievous smirk. "So Genie how did your ball night end?" 

"I was at home before my curfew which was midnight and I went straight to bed." I answer raising my eyebrows at him in confusion. Calum had never asked me about the ball before and his question seemed a little odd. 

"Oh so that wasn't the night Michael fingered you then?" Calum asks looking beyond amused. 

"Oh my god." I groan covering my face with my hands, I still hated them all for bringing that up. It was just horrifying to relive. "I hate you." 

"You love me." Calum laughs before pulling my hands away from my face. "But honestly Genie, I still want to marry you and I still want the wedding to be in June." 

"Well you know what that means then." I smirk at him and a small frown finds it's way to his fast. 

"We need to tell our mothers." 

"Right." Calum grins and I shake my head at him. We both knew telling those two was going to be a little messy. I just hoped they weren't too upset with us.