Thirty One // Toothy Grins.

-Three Weeks Later.

I'm more than surprised when I wake up to find a very lengthy and detailed email from Claudia telling me all about this new guy that she was now dating and Europe of course which is where she was still currently making her way through. I and everyone else hadn't heard from her in like a month so I was happy to finally get an update on what was going on in her world. I think Claudia's decision to embark on a year of traveling was the absolute best thing she ever did, She's been so restless in her job and her life, Her dating life in particular. I think she was still holding on to hope that maybe one day her and Luke would end up back together, I personally didn't think there was a chance in hell, There was just too much history and hurt there now but I'm not Claudia or Luke and I could never possibly understand the feelings either of them have or had for each other and honestly it wasn't my place too. I was just happy that both of them had seemed to let go of that part of their lives or so it seemed.

Claudia also congratulated me on the beginning of the wedding planning and although she wouldn't be much help half way across the world, she would definitely be there for my bachelorette party and the wedding which I was beyond happy about. I would admit that there was a small part of me that didn't think she would ever come back.

"What are you doing?" Calum asks appearing in the door way of the kitchen. I jump in my seat at the sound of his voice which makes a husky chuckle fall from his lips.

"God, I didn't even see you there." I tell him. "I'm just replying to Claudia's email, She has a boyfriend." I smirk at him and he looks amused.

"Well about damn time." Calum says and I have to shake my head as I took in his very tired appearance. "What time did you get home last night?" I ask, Calum had been out with Luke and the new band they were hoping sign for basically the whole night. I had fallen asleep before Calum had even gotten home and I didn't even hear him come in but judging from his appearance it was very late or early.

"I don't know..." Calum shrugs. "Around three?" He says but sounds more like a question.

"Three? Well I hoped they signed with you." I shake my head in disapproval. I loved that Calum had something to be so passionate about but considering I had barely seen him this week because he had been at the studio non-stop and him and Luke were wining and dining with future artists, I wasn't exactly loving his job at the moment.

"They did." Calum smiles looking pleased as he pours himself a cup of coffee. "Are you upset?"

"No." I answer way too quickly which just gives me away immediately. "A little." I say and Calum gives me a small smile. "No actually a lot, I'm not upset I'm annoyed." I tell him.

"Okay. Why exactly?" Calum asks and I want to scream my answer at him. I take a deep breath and decide that I need to calm down because I was probably too worked up about the fact that he had been working so much, but in my defense things between us were only just starting to become normal again and I at least wanted him around long enough for us to continue to work on things. I knew that what we needed to work on wasn't going to be fixed overnight and that was why I wished he would be home just a little bit more. I couldn't do this on my own.

"I haven't even seen you this past week." I say and get a deep frown in response from him. "Don't look at me like that Calum. You've practically been living at the studio this week and I know it probably sounds silly but I figured I would of at least been able to spend the weekend with you but then you were out all day Friday and Saturday and now I'm left with a half a day before you're back at the studio tomorrow and probably the rest of the week."

"Genie I don't know what to say alright? I've been busy." Calum says his tone sounding very bored.

"I know you have." I let out a sigh. "It's just things have been better with us but....we don't even get time together." I shrug feeling a little defeated. Like I said things lately have been basically normal except for the the fact that Calum seems to always be at work and then when he is at home he won't even come near me. I just didn't get it? I obviously didn't expect him to make out with me every chance he got or to whisk me up to the bedroom every night but the fact that he could barely give me a hug without seeming weird about it was starting to get to me. Calum and I had always had a very sexual relationship, Obviously Calum and I did just fine with communicating but sex for both of us gave us an escape from the chaos of our lives and of the world, In those moments it was just me and him, nothing else mattered and I honestly missed that feeling.