Fifty Eight // First Birthdays.

The next morning I wake up feeling completely normal for the first time in weeks. My stomach had seem to finally settled down and for once I hadn't  woken up and then been hit by a wave of nausea.

It was actually amazing.

I was careful to not wake Calum as I left our bedroom, he seemed like he needed the sleep in and to be honest he looked way too cute to wake up.

Walker was on my heels as I made my downstairs to the kitchen and I knew that he would be wanting his breakfast.

After feeding Walker and making myself a cup of tea, I take a seat at the kitchen table my mind instantly going back in time to the moment I first met Alyx. It was so crazy to think that a year had already passed. Today we would all be going to Ashton and Emma's to celebrate the most special little girl and I couldn't wait.

Seeing Ashton and Emma as parents was so heartwarming. They're little family was so cute, it was definitely something I hoped to emulate one day. I felt like in the first year of Alyx's life she had taught all of us so much, things I never thought would ever be possible to learn from a human who was so little and new.

The pure pride and joy Alyx had given me by just having the chance to watch her grow was absolutely astonishing and I couldn't wait to continue to watch her blossom in to the person she was already becoming.

It had also been a year since Michael and Aria had been married. Those two as couple made my heart swell with pure love. I could see that they had something special before even they did, in fact I think everyone saw that before Michael did but I was just glad that he found sense eventually.

The love those two shared was the kind of love you hoped all your loved ones would find and I was just honored to have a small part to play in their relationship. Seeing two people who you loved dearly grow not only individually but as a couple too was strangely rewarding.

Thirty minutes later Calum came wandering in to the kitchen looking much more refreshed then he did last night.

"Morning babe, how'd you sleep?" My heart instantly warms at the grin that finds it's way on to his lips, that smile could put the most miserable person in the best mood. Hopefully it was something that our baby inherited from him.

"Good, I always sleep so much better with you," Calum tells me, leaning down to press his lips to mine in a sweet peck.

"Yeah ditto," I smile up at him. How was it possible for someone to look so good even when they've just rolled out of bed?

"What time do we have to be at the party?" Calum asks making his way over to the fridge before opening it. He closes it a fee seconds later, a bottle of milk in his hand as he does so.

"A little after one," I answer as I watch him grab his cereal from the cupboard and fill a bowl. "No frootloops today?"

"Eww," Calum scoffs at me before putting the milk back in fridge. An amused grin finds it's way on to my lips as he joins me at the table. The hate he had for my favourite cereal never failed to amuse me, even after all these years.

"How long have you been up?"

"About an hour or so," I reply as he tucks in to his very full bowl of coco pops, clearly he was hungry this morning.

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I thought you could do with the sleep in," I respond. I was surprised at how normal Calum seemed today, I thought he would of been pretty exhausted today, I knew that trip would be absolutely exhausting for me but Calum seemed to be his normal chirpy self.