Forty Nine // Before we say I do.

One Week Later.

"Hey Genie can you do me the biggest favour?!" Kirsty appears from her office, looking very desperate. The day after Calum and I's bachelor and bachelorette parties I finally got my act together and spoke to Kirsty about officially coming  back to help her out and now here I was. 

I wasn't a qualified interior designer or anything like that so my work mainly consisted of helping out any and everybody but it worked out really because I was learning a tonne of information about how the business worked at the same time. Perks of having a sister-in-law who ran her own business. 

"Anything for my favourite sister-in-law." I grin and Kirsty lets out a snort at my reply. 

"Technically I'm still your only sister-in-law so I'll take that." Kirsty smiles referring to the fact in just a weeks time I would officially have Mali as a sister-in-law too. 

"What do you need?" I ask and she looks relieved at my words. 

"I'm suppose to be dropping off some fabric samples and a few other things to a client but I need to go pick Tommy up from daycare because he's sick and I know you're almost finished for the day but would you mind dropping everything off to the client before you go?" 

"Sure thing, just leave it all on your desk and I'll do on my way home." I tell her and she lets out a deep breath. "Is Tommy okay?" I ask concern flooding my thoughts about my little nephew.

"Yeah I think it's just a bug, all the kids at his daycare have had and I guess it's just his turn now." 

"Poor little guy." I say feeling bad for my handsome little nephew, hopefully for not just him but Kirsty and Bobby, the bug didn't last long. "If you need help with anything then just let me know okay?" 

"I will and thank you Genie, you're a life saver." Kirsty exclaims as she throws her bag over her shoulder. "Now Penny is going to close up so you don't have to worry about that okay?"She informs speaking of our other colleague who was still working away in the office across from mine. 

"No worries." I chirp. "Now go focus on Tommy, he needs you more than we do at the moment." 

"Right. I will see you tomorrow." Kirsty replies giving me a brief smile as she exits my office and goes to speak to Penny. I finish up a few things that needed to be done before I leave for the day and then make my way to Kirsty's office to grab what needed to be delivered. 

There was a note on top of everything that had been packaged together nicely with the client's name and her address, I was grateful to see that it wasn't very far from home. Once I had grabbed my bag and said goodbye to Penny, I made my way over to the client's house. 

From what I had read, they were planning on extended a room in their house and then obviously redecorate it after. Kirsty had spoken about the young woman and her husband to me and from what she had told me they seemed like the loveliest people. 

Thankfully I don't get stuck in too much traffic on the way there and reach the client's house only thirty minutes after I had left work. I'm in absolute awe as I make my way to the front door, their house looked like something straight out of a dream. The house is a beautiful ivory colour with an array of blue shutters adorning it, I can tell that it's an older house but it looks like it's recently been updated and looks very modern and sleek. 

Kirsty told me these people had great taste so I could only imagine what the inside looks like. I can't help but wonder why they even need Kirsty's expertise, even though she is beyond talented.

I ring the doorbell and wait just a few moments before the door is opened and I'm greeted by a very familiar face from my past, someone I didn't really ever think about seeing again. I scrap my mind and try to remember the client's name, it was Jenna, Jenna Smith.