Twenty Nine // Reunited.

"Knock Knock." I say standing awkwardly in the door way of our spare room. Luke's eyes meet mine and soften almost immediately.

"Hey, did you just get back?" Luke questions and I nod in response taking a step into the room. "You okay?" Luke asks giving me the same concerned look he did earlier today.

"I would say that I'm not exactly okay but I'm not exactly not, not okay so I guess I'm in-between." I tell him feeling like i wasn't making much sense.

"Right." Luke gives me a smile. "That's good though Genie."

"Yeah it is." I smile back. "I'm sorry for putting all of that on you today. I'm sure it's not something you usually deal with when you're hungover."

"You could say." Luke chuckles. "But you don't need to apologize Genie. I'm glad i was here."

"Me too. I don't know how i would've handled everything if I was alone so thank you Luke." I tell him sincerely. I really really didn't know how different things would of gone today if Luke wasn't here and although he wasn't exactly the person I wanted to be here, I'm glad he was.

"What are friends for." Luke says in a strange tone. "I'll always be here okay? You know that?" Luke asks and I nod in response. I felt like the luckiest person in the world to be surrounded by all of these people who would always be there for me, I was eternally grateful to my friends and family and I would never take that for granted again.

"I know, Thank you."I smile at him before going over and giving him a hug.

<~>

I was sitting on the bed with my legs crossed and my phone sitting in front of me. I needed to call Calum, Hell I wanted to call Calum but for some reason I was a little nervous. I hadn't been me at all over the last couple of months and I didn't know how to approach the whole situation. I had so much to say and I knew that we had a lot to talk about, I just didn't know how to start the conversation.

I take a deep breath before reaching for my phone and dialing his number. I couldn't put this off any longer, I needed to just bite the bullet and let him know what had happened today. As I wait for him to answer I can't help but think back to today. As soon as looked at the stickers on that package it had felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. A couple of days after the first scan I stupidly thought that nothing would or could go wrong and made the mistake of ordering something for the nursey. I had found a black and white plaque that I thought would fit perfectly in the nursey, The plaque itself had a quote written delicately on it which read "No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." I had completely forgotten all about it until it got delivered here today, I don't know what it was about that plaque that set me off, Maybe it was just the reminder of what I had lost or maybe it was even the reminder of all the things I had planned and I had envisioned for Calum and I when I got pregnant, either way it was what finally allowed me to open up that wound that i had so desperately been trying to keep closed.

A frown finds it's way to my face when I reach Calum's voicemail. Maybe he was in a meeting? Or maybe he was asleep? I let out a small sigh as redial his number. It goes to his voicemail once again which kind of annoys me. Why is it that when you want or need to talk to someone that they all of sudden become unreachable?

I try one more time but the result isn't any different. I tell myself that I just need to patient. Calum will call once he sees my missed calls and it will all be fine.

For the rest of the day I do my best to keep myself occupied. I take Walker for a walk and then to the park, I clean the house, I take a bath, I cook dinner for Luke and myself and after we've eaten I even attempt to read a few chapters of a new book I've started reading but I don't managed to get pass two chapters. It had been hours since I had called Calum and I still hadn't hear anything back.