Twenty Four // Struggle.

Calum's P.O.V

My eyes were burning as soon as I opened them. I didn't how much sleep I got last night but I knew it was next to nothing. Genie had cried the whole night and I knew that she got absolutely no sleep.

A sigh escapes my lips as I see the other side of the bed empty. I hadn't even heard her get up and it made me feel bad because I didn't want her to be alone.

I push the blankets back and force myself to get up. I was running on empty but I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep even if I tried.

I pull on a random pair of sweatpants and t-shirt before going in to the bathroom. My chest tightens at the memory of this morning and I feel like I'm going to be sick.

I didn't understand any of this.

How could your entire world just be ripped from you in an instant? I didn't know how I was suppose to feel or what I was suppose to do.

How did you grieve for someone that you never got the chance to meet?

I just didn't know what we could of ever possibly done to deserve this.

Nobody deserved to go through this.

I'll admit that a part of me didn't want to go find Genie but that was only because I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't know how to help her and it just killed me because I knew that whatever I was going through, she was going through something a hundred times worse.

I take a deep breath before making my way downstairs, I couldn't just avoid what was going on. I needed her just as much as she needed me at the moment and I was going to be there even if it killed me.

It doesn't take me long to find her. She was sitting in the living room with Walker on her lap, the tv was on but it was evident that she wasn't paying attention.

"Morning." I mumble clearing my throat as I get her attention.

"Morning." Genie replies giving me a grim smile. Her eyes were incredibly puffy from all the crying she had done which hurt to see but the thing that just broke me again was how much she didn't look like the girl I had fallen for, she was just a ghost of her former self.

The silence between us was practically suffocating. We both wanted to say something. Anything,but we had no idea what to say so neither of us said anything.

We just let everything sit on the tip of tongues as we both struggled to deal with what had happened.

"I'm going to make a drink." Genie says breaking the silence which seemed to last forever. "Do you want anything?" She asks as she moves Walker from her lap and stands.

"Uh no." I shake my head and she nods before going in to the kitchen.

I stand there stupidly not knowing what do with myself. I knew that we needed to at least try talk about things but I didn't think either of us were ready for that.

This whole thing just didn't seem real.

My heart didn't want to believe that this morning had happened, it wanted to believe that our baby was still growing happily in Genie's stomach.

I wished that was still true. But it wasn't and I didn't know how to convince myself.

I was in pure denial and I was sure Genie was too.

I drag myself in to the kitchen to find Genie standing with her back to me. Her hands were resting against the bench and I knew she was trying not to break down again but it was easier said then done.