Twelve // New Life

"Good afternoon! How are you both today?" The lady asks as we follow her into one of the ultrasound rooms.

"We're good thank you." I answer for Calum and I giving her a smile.

"Great. Well my name is Maria and I'm one of the sonographers that works here. Now this is your first scan right?" Maria asks and I nod.

"Okay well that must be very exciting for the two of you." Maria smiles at the two of us before looking down at some paper work.

"Definitely." I nod looking at Calum who's grinning like an idiot. He was beyond excited about the scan which just warmed my heart. I was worried at the start about how everything was going to work out but now I'm sure everything is going to be just fine.

"Okay so since you're about 5 weeks along today we are going to be doing a transvaginal ultrasound." Maria informs me and I nod. I had read about transvaginal ultrasounds and because it was still so early on it was the best choice.

"I'll just give you some privacy to change and I'll be right back." Maria smiles kindly at me before leaving Calum and I alone.

"What exactly is a transvaginal ultrasound?" Calum asks looking confused.

"Instead of using a transducer they use a probe. It's only because I'm not over six weeks yet." I explain to him before pulling the curtain closed so that I can slip on a plain hospital gown.

"Was that necessary?" Calum smirks as I pull the curtain back. "I can't even count the amount of times I've seen you naked Genie."

"So?" I roll my eyes at him. "We both know you can't be trusted." I point out and he shrugs in response knowing that I'm right.

There's a quick knock on the door before Maria comes back in and I'll admit I'm a little nervous.

"So before we start do either of you have any questions?" Maria asks. I didn't really have any questions but I'm sure Calum would.

"Are we going to be able to see the heartbeat?" Calum asks looking more excited then ever.

"It depends on a number of things but there's a chance." Maria explains.

"Well I guess we'll find out." I say to Calum and he grins at me once again.

°●

"And then she grabbed this long ass probe thing and then she put a condom over it before putting it up.......well you know where." Calum explains to Ashton who looks mortified.

"No way." Ashton shakes his head in disbelief. "Babe why didn't you have to have one of those?" Ashton asks looking at Emma.

"Because I was already like ten weeks along when we went for a scan." Emma tells him and Ashton nods. "Right." It had been about an hour since Calum and I had been to our scan, we had decided to come here because Ashton and Emma were the only two people who knew for now.

"It was really gross." Calum scrunches his nose up ovbiously thinking back to the moment when Maria held the probe up, he just couldn't believe that that was going to be going up there. For me it was amusing but for Calum it was clearly horrifying.

"It sounds like it." Ashton says looking incredibly put off which makes Emma roll her eyes.

"It wasn't even that bad." I say shaking my head at the two of them. It may of felt a little uncomfortable for me but as soon as I saw that picture pop up on the monitor, I didn't even think about it.

"Well ovbiously you've had bigger things up there before." Calum smirks.

"Ew." I say to him shaking my head once again.

"Ew is right." Emma adds letting out a laugh.

"You're so lucky Alyx isn't around to witness such disgusting words." Ashton says in a scolding tone.

"She wouldn't even understand if she was around." Calum protests and he's actually right.

"Still." Ashton says shaking his head. "Just sick." Calum laughs at Ashton's words while Emma and I share a knowing look.

"They're really the guys we love." I say and Emma chuckles.

"How sad is that?" Emma jokes before we both let out a laugh.

"So apart from all the grossness with that probe thing what was it like?" Ashton questions and I have to smile.

The moment that image of what looked like a tiny egg popped up on the screen my heart warmed, though it wasn't much of anything yet, that little egg shaped thing was our baby. Calum and I had created it together without even thinking yet I knew that he or she would be the best thing to happen to us.

I remember looking up at Calum a second or so after and his entire face was lit up just like I'm sure mine was in that moment. I could tell that he already loved and adored our future baby and that made me love him even more than I possibly thought I could.

We didn't get to hear the heartbeat though we werw lucky enough to see it and that in itself was indescribable. I just couldn't how fast it already was.

"I can't even put into words how amazing it was." Calum answers and I couldn't agree more.

"It's pretty life changing huh?" Ashton says and Calum nods looking at me with a proud smile.

"It really is."

A/N: The next couple of chapters will be quite short because they are just fillers ♡