Fifty One // Honeymoon.

Four days later Calum and I found ourselves on our very first adventure as husband and wife in Auckland city, we had been here two days already but those days were mainly spent in bedroom. We had both decided today was about time to go out and get some exploring done and that was exactly what we were currently on our way to do. 

"You know I've never really thought about it before but I think it's a good thing neither of us are scared of heights," I exclaim as an excited smile finds it's way on to my face. Calum and I were on our way to one of Auckland's well known tourist's attraction; The Sky tower. 

We weren't going to be doing anything crazy like the Sky jump or Sky walk, we were simply going to explore the observation deck and then eat at one of their many restaurants. 

"I've never thought about that either but you're right, it is a good thing," Calum nods in agreement as he laces his hands with my own. We were already on our way up to the observation deck and I knew that If anybody else was to step in to the same elevator that we were on, they would think that we looked like some adolescent couple who were very ridiculously in love which was fine, because that's exactly what we were. 

"So when are we going to go and visit your Aunty?" I wonder as Calum pulls a face. "Oh come on you already promised her we would go and visit." 

"I know but I just don't want to sacrifice another day in bed with you." Calum smirks and I roll my eyes at him, he was still such a horn dog. 

"Well tough." Calum had told me so many stories from his childhood about how many wonderful memories had been spent at his Aunty's house here and I really wanted to see where it all took place, plus I didn't know when we would be in New Zealand again and have the chance. 

"Is there your first executive decision as Mrs.Hood?"  Calum raises his eyebrows at me in amusement. 

"It is actually." I reply seriously as the elevator comes to a stop, the doors opening to reveal observation deck. 

"Okay then," Calum puts his hands up in defeat. "I'll call her later today and organize a day we can go and visit."  I was glad that we would be making the effort to visit his Aunty Mae, she was such a lovely woman and like most people she just adored Calum.

"Thank you." I smile at him as we make our way on to the deck properly. I was mesmerized by the views already and I had barely had the chance to look around. 

Glass windows surrounded us completely, there were even gaps in the floor that were filled with glass so you could look down and get the full view. From the windows you got ample views from different angles and it was pretty incredible. There were full views of the city or even just the water which seemed to go on and on. It was quite surreal really, there so much beauty in the world and sometimes you needed to view it like this. 

"Wow." Calum says from beside me and he looks exactly how I feel in this moment, completely captivated by what we were seeing. 

"You never came here when you were younger?" 

"No," Calum shakes his head. "I don't think we really had the money or were ever really interested you know? Too much playing to do." Calum chuckles and I smile at the thought of Calum as a little boy, having the time of his life hanging out and playing with his cousins. 

"I love that I get to experience this with you," I admit lamely. "You're kind of my adventure partner now you know?" 

"I know," Calum grins wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me in to him. "I couldn't imagine going on adventures with anybody else either." Calum pulls a face before shooting me a smirk. "Luke does come to mind but you know he doesn't have boobs so yeah, you." 

"Well thanks Husband."  I shake my head at him amusement as he presses a swift kiss to my temple. 

"Your welcome wife." 

<~>

The next day Calum and I found ourselves at his Aunty Mae's house, and from the moment we got through the door she had been telling me stories all about Calum and Mali and all the trouble they got up to when they would come and visit. 

"That's a blatant fabrication!" Calum whines as Mae finishes one of her stories, one about how Calum would sometimes let Mali and his cousin Kaia dress him up in dresses. 

"Oh really?" Mae laughs standing from her chair before disappearing from the lounge. 

"Dresses huh?" 

"She's lying." Calum shrugs and I narrow my eyes at him. Was he sure about that? 

"The proof." Mae exclaims as she comes back in to the room to join us, A photograph in her hand. Oh this was going to be good. 

Mae places the photo on the coffee table directly in front of Calum and I and sure enough in the photo was Calum as a young boy, in a very pretty pink and frilly dress. 

"I was honestly tortured as a child." Calum huffs, crossing his arms over his chest as Mae and I share amused grins. "Mali and Kaia were terrors okay? If I didn't put those dresses on they would beat me!" 

"Sure they would." Mae smiles as she retakes her seat. 

"If I ask Mali would she say the same thing?" I question Calum and he shakes his head at my question. 

"She would lie obviously, Mali wouldn't want any of the family to know that she wasn't the angel everyone thought she was." 

"Hit a sore spot have we?" Mae teases and Calum lets out a groan before a smile finds it's way on to his face. 

"Anyway," Calum clears his throat. "Lets change the subject, Mae is that tree house still standing?" 

"Of course it is, doesn't get used much these days but it's still as strong as ever." Mae beams proudly. Calum had told me all about the tree house that he helped build with his cousins and mae years ago, it was one of his favourite summer memories. 

"I'm sure once Kaia has kids they will be in it all the time." Calum says and Mae smiles at the mention of her being a grandmother one day. 

"Hopefully," Mae nods. "Why don't you go and show Genie? I'm sure she would love to see where you wet yourself that time." Mae casually mentions and Calum's face falls. 

"That never happened! The grass was wet." Calum says defensively as he stands from his seat. 

"Whatever you say Calum, whatever you say." Mae chuckles to herself as Calum basically pulls me from my sit.  

"I've never realized just how many lies my family told." Calum says as we make our to the backyard. 

"Whatever you say Calum, whatever you say." I repeat Mae's words from just a few minutes ago and Calum shoots me a fake glare which makes me snort. Who knew how defensive Calum could be when it came to childhood stories. 

"Ahh there she is." Calum beams proudly as we reach the tree house. It looked like your typical tree house but it looked very loved and lived in if that made sense. A smile finds it's way to my lips at the big 'H' painted on the side of it, obvioulsy the handy work of Calum or Mali.