Sixty // Mended.

Calum's P.O.V

Growing up with an older sister was one of the best things about my childhood. I know most guys probably wanted a house full of brothers, but not me.

I had never looked up to somebody as much as I did my older sister.

Apart from my parents Mali was the only other person I wanted to make proud, she was somebody I so desperately wanted to emulate  and I always figured that if could be even half the person she was one day then I would of definitely made it in life.

I'm sure we didn't have the most conventional brother/sister relationship. We were best friends, she was my protecter and I was hers. At times it was almost scary just how well we knew each other, almost like we were one person and not two.

Growing up I never thought I would ever have a problem talking to her, I never thought I would be nervous or worried to see her but that was the exact position that I was currently in.

Mali sounded more than surprised when she answered my call this morning, which considering I had been blatantly ignoring her over the last couple of days made sense. I didn't think or feel like I was ready for this conversation but something deep inside told me that it was time. I just hoped Genie was right when she said that once I saw Mali, I would know what to say because right now it felt like all I was going to be saying is a big fat nothing.

The drive to her place was a complete blur to me and I didn't really even know how I managed to make it here without either causing or being involved in a car accident but yet I was here.

I was sitting in my car, parked outside of her place just staring in to nothing.

I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of what happened last time I was here, I mean I always felt sick whenever I thought about Kyle and Genie. It was something I hadn't thought about in a long time and it was also something I thought I had dealt with but then I saw him again and it was like I was back to two years ago, in that broken place.

I didn't know how to deal with it. I didn't want to deal with it.

The only thing I really wanted to do was beat the living hell out of Kyle. It probably would not help the situation in any way  but it would sure make me feel better. 

An irritated sigh escapes my lips as I unbuckle my seat belt. As much as I wanted to sit in my car and avoid this impending conversation with Mali, I couldn't.

It takes me less than a minute to walk to her front door, my stomach twisting in to knots as I did so.

I knock on her front door and almost wish that she wouldn't answer just so I could put this off for longer.

I still had absolutely no idea what I was going to say. I just hoped that by the end of today my sister and I would be back to normal.

The front door opens a few seconds later and I'm face to face with one of my favourite people in the world.

"Uh Hi," I mutter with an awkward smile. 

"Don't Hi me Calum," Mali scoffs at me as she instantly pulls me in to a tight hug. The nerves  instantly begin to boil down and I know that no matter what happens, Mali is always going to be in my life.

"I'm sorry," I mumble as she pulls away and gives me a side grin.

"I suppose I can forgive you," Mali says and I give her a small smile. I may not of been as nervous as I once was but that didn't change the fact that I still wasn't looking forward to this conversation.

"Now can you come in so we can finally have a conversation?" Mali raises her eyebrows at me as she pulls the door open completely and holds it open for me.