Twenty Five // Engagement.

Genie's P.O.V

-One Month Later.

"No mum. I already told you we haven't decided yet." I let out an annoyed sigh as my mother continued to go in about colour schemes for the wedding once again, even after I had told her plenty of time that Calum and I hadn't decided.

I sit down on the edge of the bed before placing my phone on speaker so I could put my sneakers down without having to hang up even though it was exactly what I wanted to do.

"You two need to decide soon Genie. It's your big day after all." My mother's concerned voice flows through my phone.

"I know mum..we've both just had other things on our mind." I tell her as I begin to tie my laces.

"How are you doing with that?" I hear her concerned voice ask after a minute of silence and I roll my eyes almost instantly.

What kind of a question was that? What answer did she think she was going to get? Oh yeah mum, I'm doing swell, happy as can be.

Nothing pissed me off more at the moment then being asked 'how I was doing' because I honestly didn't even have an answer.

From the time that everybody had found out that we lost the baby I had been treated as if I was some sort of charity case. I was tired of the sympathetic looks and I was tired of people being sorry for me.

My baby died.

And that was all there was to it.

"I'm fine." I tell her just like I told everybody else who asked me. "Mum I have to go, I've got things to do." I mutter before hanging up not even giving her a chance to respond.

"Hey babe what time should we-" Calum stops at the door as he takes in my running gear. "Another run?" He questions looking displeased, which really was nothing knew.

"Yeah I wanted to get a quick one in." I tell him and he shoots me a frown.

"You went this morning Genie." Calum points out and this time it was my turn to frown.

"So?"

"Never mind." Calum shakes his head as I stand from the bed.

"What were you going to ask me?" I question as I grab my headphones.

"I just wanted to know what time you think we should leave?" Calum raises his eyebrows at me and I shrug.

"I guess around seven." Tonight we had Ashton and Emma's engagement party which I was actually looking forward. Everyone had being waiting for Ashton to finally make his move and pop the question for like ever, so now that he had it was most definitely time to celebrate.

I go to walk past Calum and out our bedroom door but he grabs my arm making me stop in my tracks.

"Are you okay?" Calum questions. "We
Don't have to go tonight you know. Ashton and Emma don't expect anything." Calum tells me and all I want to do is scream at him.

How many times did I have to tell
People I was fine before they actually started to believe it?

"I wouldn't miss this night for the world Calum so I don't know why you would even say that." I frown at him and he lets out a defeated sigh.

"Never mind. Be safe okay?"

"I always am." I flash him a smile.

"I love you." Calum gives me a small smile and all I want to do is be on my way already. I had been itching to go for a run since I had got home this morning.