Fifty Four // Family Blowout.

A/N: Please excuse any typos, It's late and I just finished this chapter and I'm basically falling asleep at the keyboard and I just wanted to get the chapter posted for you all! I hope you enjoy it and I am super excited to see all of your reactions ;)

"I'm not going to be the only significant other there tonight am I?" I question Calum from our bedroom, he was currently in the bathroom doing god knows what in preparation for tonight. 

My eyes do a once over my outfit for the night and small sigh escapes my lips, I didn't know what it was about today but I had been feeling so off and I hadn't  managed to shake the feeling off for tonight. I had tried on what seemed like my entire wardrobe but everything I had put on, I had found something I didn't like about it. 

I currently had a dark maroon dress on and it was probably the dress that I hated the least out of everything I had tried on. It stopped just above the knee, the thin strips giving me a tight fitted look at the top whilst also giving me an instant cleavage boost, the back was open and maybe a little too sexy for tonight but I honestly didn't care what anybody thought, it was what I felt the best in and so it's what I was going to wear. I had kept my make up and light and simple for the night, the dress was bringing all the colour so I didn't need to do anything drastic with my face. I had opted to straighten my hair and pin the sides up, something simple but also a little elegant. 

"Of course not," Calum yells and my mind instantly goes to what shoes I was going to wear for the night. I usually loved wearing a good pair of heels but tonight it was the last thing I felt like doing. I didn't know if my off mood was down to the beginning of my pregnancy hormones going all over the place or not but I knew one thing for sure, If it was the hormones than Calum was in for a very long nine months. "What's wrong?" Calum asks as he walks in to our bedroom.

"Do I need to wear heels for tonight?" I raise my eyebrows at him and he gives me an amused smile before shaking his head. "You can wear whatever you want Genie, It's not a big deal." 

"Are you sure it won't look odd though? I mean do you think the other women going will be dressing up?" I wonder feeling frustrated with the whole thing. Heels or no heels may of seemed like such a simple decision for Calum but for a woman, it could make or break a whole outfit. 

"I mean I guess? I didn't really give a dress code for the night," Calum admits and I come to the conclusion that he is not help at all for tonight. Hi or Hey records were having their first proper Work Do tonight and I wasn't exactly thrilled about attending but I wanted to be there not only to support Calum but Luke as well. "Why do you look so stressed? Babe, you look amazing." 

"Thanks," I muster a small smile and Calum looks at me in confusion as I turn back to look in the mirror and judge my outfit all over again, I could probably get away with wearing a pair of black flats with this dress without it looking too bad. 

"Someone is a little moody tonight," Calum says as he approaches me, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" 

"Nothing," I huff. "And everything." I add and Calum shoots me a smile. Calum knew me like the back of his hand and I knew he had picked up on my bad mood today, he hadn't said anything but I knew just by the way he was being extra attentive today that he was trying to make me feel better and I loved him for it. 

"You know babies can taste the food their mothers eat in the womb," Calum informs me and I can't help but smile. Since the pregnancy announcement Calum had been telling me a random pregnancy fact everyday, it was truly the most adorable thing to see just how excited he was and how prepared he was already trying to be. I had noticed him reading through baby books again and it made me so happy, the fact that we were getting a second chance at having a baby was truly a blessing for the both of us and we definitely weren't planning on taking it for granted.