Two // Unexpected Surprises.

A loud bang instantly wakes me from my sleep which makes me feel just dazed and confused.

"Uh shit.." I hear a voice mumble. I reach over to my bedside table and flick on my lamp. I rub at my eyes quickly before sitting up and get the surprise of my life when I see Calum standing at the end of my bed.

This wasn't a dream right?

"Cal?" I question dumbly but in my defense I was still half asleep.

"Hi baby, sorry I woke you." Calum apologizes before grinning at me. Without a second thought I'm up and out of bed and int his arms. God I had missed him and it had only been two days.

"What are you doing here?" I ask stunned at the fact that he was actually home. Last time I knew he was getting here Christmas eve.

"Luke told me that there were more important things than work." Calum tells me and I can't help but smile.

"He's pretty great huh?"

"Definitely." Calum nods in agreement, his eyes flickering to my lips momentarily. "I missed you."

"I missed you more."

"Not possible." Calum says before pressing his lips to mine. Like most of our kisses it was soft and sweet and passionate. I knew that there was most definitely no better feeling than kissing the person you loved, especially if that person had lips like Calum's.

"I'm so happy you're here." I mumble against his lips pulling away slightly.

"Me too." Calum smiles before letting out a small yawn. "Flights are way too long without you or Luke."

"I can only imagine." I knew exactly how he felt though. Flying alone sucked. "Ready for bed?" I ask unwrapping my arms from his neck.

"Yeah." Calum nods pressing a kiss to my nose. "I just need to piss."

"Lovely." I shake my head at him in amusement. Calum grins at me as drops his hands from my waist.

"Won't be a minute." Calum tells me as he makes his way to the bathroom. I take that as the perfect opportunity to get back into bed.

"Genie.." Calum calls out a couple of seconds later sounding confused.

"Mhm?"

"Uh.." Calum says awkwardly before coming back into the room. "Why is this in the bathroom?" Calum asks holding up one of his hands and that's when I remember what I had left in the bathroom.

A pregnancy test.

"Oh." I say in response. I had picked one up on my way home from Ashton and Emma's but I didn't get around to actually taking it so I just left the box in the bathroom.

"Oh?" Calum raises his eyebrows at me making my stomach swirl with nerves. What the hell was I suppose to tell him? I think I might be pregnant but I don't know for sure, no biggy. Let's go to sleep? There was no way I could say anything about it yet so I needed to come up with something and fast.

"It's Aria's." I blurt. Calum frowns at me clearly confused. I couldn't blame him, I would be to.

"Why is it here?" Now that was a great question.

"Uh....well she thinks she might be pregnant but she doesn't want to freak Michael out until she knows for sure, so she asked me to take it." It was really the best lie that I could come up with. I just hoped he would believe it.

"Okay." Calum nods looking relieved? A small chuckle leaves his lips a couple of seconds later. "Better them than us." Wait. What?

"What's that suppose to mean?" I demand a frown etching it's way on to my face.

"Genie I didn't mean it like that." Calum says walking over to the bed and sitting down next to me.

"How did you mean it then?"

"It's just I can't even imagine having a baby right now you know?" Oh.

"No. I don't know." I say simply. "Ashton and Emma are the happiest they've ever been so it can be that horrible."

"I'm not saying it would be horrible...I'm just saying I'm glad it's not us." Calum says which makes heart break just a little.

"I didn't know the thought of having a baby with me was so terrifying for you." I mutter.

"What? No it's not." Calum shakes his head at me. "You're taking it the wrong way."

"How else am I suppose to take it?" I snap reaching forward and snatching the box from him before putting it in my bedside table.

"Genie-" Calum starts but I cut him off.

"Goodnight." I flick the switch on my lamp off then snuggle under the covers. Calum lets out a sigh before standing up. He goes back to the bathroom for a couple of minutes before getting into bed.

Well this wasn't exactly how I imagined Calum's first night back home.

°●

The first thing I see when I open my eyes is Calum sleeping peacefully next to me. I can't help but smile at the sight but then I remember what happened earlier this morning and that smile disappears pretty quickly.

All I could think is what if I am pregnant? I already knew we weren't ready for kids yet but Calum made it seem like it would be the worst possible thing in the world and that hurt me in a way that I couldn't even explain.

If I wasn't worried for sure than I sure as hell was now.

I carefully get out of bed making sure not to wake Calum in the process. I quietly open my bedside table and take the box out before shutting the draw again. It was now or never.

I make my way out of my bedroom and to the bathroom that was downstairs.

The pregnancy test seemed pretty straight forward. Pee on the stick, wait a few minutes and than wait for the lines to show up.

One line = Not positive.
Two lines = Positive.

Fifteen minutes later I was pacing back and forth in bathroom trying to muster the courage to look at the test that was sitting in the sink. The test was ready five minutes ago but I just couldn't look at it.

If I was pregnant everything and I mean everything was going to change and I didn't want that. What the hell was I going to do? Then again this could just be a false alarm right? Maybe I wasn't even pregnant and my cycle was just a little messed up. That was a possibility right?

I take a deep breath before taking a step forward towards the sink. My eyes drop down to the sink to look at the White stick like test.

Those two blue lines were impossible to miss.

I guess things were about to get messy.

A/N: Sorry! I know this chapter is short but it's meant to be! It's also really late because I've been extremely busy and barely been at home the last couple of days.

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Mine was absolutely amazing ♥

The next chapter will be out this week sometime :) This chapter will probably get rewritten cause I don't really like it and it's just bleh.