16 | Work of Art

Right before I close my eyesThe only thing that's on my mindBeen dreamin' that you feel it tooI wonder what it's like to be loved by you— Wonder by Shawn Mendes

The only thing that's on my mind
Been dreamin' that you feel it too
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you
— Wonder by Shawn Mendes

Right before I close my eyesThe only thing that's on my mindBeen dreamin' that you feel it tooI wonder what it's like to be loved by you— Wonder by Shawn Mendes

"Hey, Stanford," Garrett called from the living room.

I stopped halfway to the door and glanced over my shoulder, removing the piece of bread from my mouth. "Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

He was lazing on the couch with Tucker, Luke, and Colton.

"We have a game next week," he said.

"Who are we up against?"

"NYU. Coach says he wants you there in practice later. He knows you're back, and he says he doesn't care if you're jet-lagged."

I scowled. "No shit. People here like overworking me just because."

"Must be utter shit being a Stanford, huh?" Daniel chuckled as he climbed down the staircase. "Are you heading out already? You arrived just an hour ago, and it's only eight in the fucking morning."

"He's gonna go meet his girlfriend!" Liam shouted from the dining hall.

"I see you're finally hopping onto the relationship train," Daniel tsked, shaking his head. "We should send you off with a party. Strippers and all."

My face scrunched. "Piss off. You know I'm not into all that crap."

"Summer was right," Colton piped up from the living room. "You are grouchy."

"He only allows himself to laugh when he's with her!" Isaac bellowed from the dining hall, his comment causing everyone to burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm removing your privilege of entering this house, Isaac." I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair, facing Garrett. "What time's practice?" I asked.

"5 pm," he answered.

"Cool. I'll be there."

Exiting the house, I spotted Scarlet walking up the driveway. I proceeded forward with the bread in my mouth and one hand in my pocket, ignoring her altogether. Her manicured nails gripped my bicep, stopping me in my tracks, my futile attempt to get away from her going to waste.