17 | Done and Over

As far as I can tell, it's kinda crazyThat you even care at allConvincing everybody you can save meBut you're the one who made me fall— Like That by Bea Miller

That you even care at all
Convincing everybody you can save me
But you're the one who made me fall
— Like That by Bea Miller

As far as I can tell, it's kinda crazyThat you even care at allConvincing everybody you can save meBut you're the one who made me fall— Like That by Bea Miller

Sitting at my usual spot in Starbucks, I yawned in exhaustion.

These past weeks had been hell.

The tension at the table, whenever Scarlet was with us, was palpable, and it always made me hold my breath. Victoria was as clueless as I was, not knowing what the beef was with Scarlet. When I told her about the favor Scarlet asked me, she got furious. I even had to stop her from confronting Scarlet.

I learned then that they were friends with Scarlet, but they rarely hang out, and it was only since I came into their group that she had been approaching them more. According to Victoria, Scarlet was in love with Gray. But in my eyes, it looked like she was bordering Love Quinn insanity.

Moving on, Liam would be celebrating his birthday in a few days, and I was worried about his situation with Victoria. His family was hosting a formal themed dinner party at their house, and we were all invited. Despite Victoria's lack of enthusiasm to see his grandparents, she kept an open mind about the situation. She hoped to convince them — to give a grand speech on declaring her love. But it was still indefinite; she wasn't sure if that was what she should do.

"Good afternoon, Shortcake," Gray greeted, taking his usual seat opposite from me. "It's good to see your eyebags have subsided."

"And it's nice to see your pretty emerald eyes have some shadow depth underneath them, Nincompoop," I remarked with a sweet smile.

I stopped having nightmares about thirteen days now after diligently following Clarisse's advice. She also followed up with me every session, asking for a recap of my week, which helped. I wasn't stressing about these new changes anymore, but I was still worried about the yearbooks. Samantha called me a few weeks ago and said there was no other way to get it, leaving me with no choice but to wait.

Gray took a huge gulp of his Americano and settled the mug on the table.

"Liam wouldn't stop singing last night," he complained, throwing his head back and shutting his eyes. "I don't know if I can survive hearing him sing Taylor Swift again."