21 | An Almost Kiss

So save that heart for meCause girl you know that you're my destinySwear to the moon, the stars— Past Lives by Borns

Cause girl you know that you're my destiny
Swear to the moon, the stars
— Past Lives by Borns

So save that heart for meCause girl you know that you're my destinySwear to the moon, the stars— Past Lives by Borns

Mr. Humphrey was talking about the current stock prices in London when my eyes spotted Summer standing by the bar, laughing with Victoria as they sipped their martini's.

"I lost a bloody million pounds overnight!" Mr. Humphrey exclaimed.

"That's devastating," I answered, my eyes still on Summer.

Mr. Humphrey continued to update me on how his business in London was doing, but I was completely and utterly distracted, zoning him out entirely as I focused my attention on the dark-haired girl standing by the bar. The dress she had chosen for the night embraced her curves beautifully, and I struggled to look away from her even when Mrs. Humphrey asked about my sister.

Summer, unbeknownst, enticed me fully. It was impossible to keep my eyes off her when she looked breathtaking.

I had been waiting to see her all day, and here she was, not even noticing the glances a few men spared her, some lingering longer than deemed appropriate. I was one of those jerks shamelessly staring at her. Summer could easily attract the attention of an entire room, and I had seen it happen a dozen times whenever she set foot into a party or the Starbucks near her dorm.

She was fucking beautiful, and she didn't even know it.

"You like her, huh?" said Mr. Humphrey.

I looked at him this time. "Pardon?"

"The young lady in the bar," he continued. "The one with Miss Addams."

"She's just a friend," I answered politely.

"Nobody stares at a woman like that if they're just friends." He chuckled, glancing down at his wife with loving eyes. "I know that look, son. You're hooked!" He burst out laughing while his wife giggled, patting me on the shoulder gently.

My eyes darted back to the bar, and a smile worked its way up to my lips when I caught her staring at me. Her eyes widened slightly, a sheepish smile appearing on her face before she turned away, giving me the full view of her perfectly round ass.