33 | Hot Chocolate

Remember when you taught me fateSaid it'd all be worth the waitLike that night in the back of the cab— Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan

Said it'd all be worth the wait
Like that night in the back of the cab
— Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan

Remember when you taught me fateSaid it'd all be worth the waitLike that night in the back of the cab— Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan

It was thirty minutes past five in the afternoon, and I was standing by the entrance of the dormitory building. Gray suggested that I wore something warm tonight, and after trying fifteen outfit combinations, I settled with an off-shoulder brown knitted sweater, fitting tattered jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. I tied my hair into a low bun with a few strands framing my face. I figured it would look perfect with the outfit.

Hearing a vehicle approach, I raised my head from the ground and to its direction. An elegant, white-colored sedan stopped before me, and Gray stepped out.

I gaped at him shamelessly. He looked straight out from a Hugo Boss perfume advertisement with his white dress shirt and black trousers. His curly hair was gelled back and styled to perfection, and he wore that signature hundred-watt charming smile of his as he approached me.

It had to be illegal to look that good.

"Hey," he greeted. "How was your day?"

I blinked myself out of my stupor and flashed a smile. "The usual uneventful stuff. I painted, had lunch, then napped. How was work today?"

"I had to sit through five long meetings." He brushed his thumb over my bottom lip before kissing me on the lips. "I missed you."

If seeing him didn't already cause my heart to leap in absolute joy, this one certainly did.

"Me too," I admitted, feeling my cheeks burn.

Gray and I barely got any sleep last night, staying up until five in the morning. He fulfilled my request to guide me on how to give him a blowjob. It was awkward at first, and there was a hell lot of laughing. Like, a lot. But after we got over that phase, what followed was beyond extraordinary.

Gray opened the passenger's door for me, and I slipped inside, immediately securing my seatbelt as I watched him walk over to the driver's side.

We fell into silence as he drove out of campus. I exhaled slowly and gazed out the window, watching the lines on the road and the trees on the sidewalk blur. The sun was setting, the orange hues blending and scattering across the blue canvas perfectly. A calming warmth began to spread in my chest until this familiar, pleasant feeling of peace and content filled me.