07 | End of The Day

I told her that I loved her, was not sure if she heardThe roof was pretty windy and she didn't say a wordParty dying downstairs, had nothing left to doJust me, her and the moon— End of The Day by One Direction

The roof was pretty windy and she didn't say a word
Party dying downstairs, had nothing left to do
Just me, her and the moon
— End of The Day by One Direction

I told her that I loved her, was not sure if she heardThe roof was pretty windy and she didn't say a wordParty dying downstairs, had nothing left to doJust me, her and the moon— End of The Day by One Direction

I was slumped on the couch, nursing my seventh bottle of Coors as I struggled to distract myself from the spiral of events happening in the house. I was already fairly convinced that this was how my year in Brickfields would be — disastrous and chaotic.

After throwing a couple of more truth or dare questions at each other, everyone except Gray and I had gone to a different part of the house where they were doing body shots. Gray insisted on accompanying me, even when I said that I was alright by myself. He grabbed me a few bottles of Coors Original since apparently, according to him, it only had 5% of alcohol content, and he didn't want to babysit me if I ended up drunk out of my mind.

Rude, but I wouldn't want that either.

I watched in amusement as people approached him, most of them desperately vying for his attention. I was also more than stunned to see several female heads turn in his direction whenever he laughed at something I said.

I was starting to see Gray in a different light. It wasn't difficult to put in the pieces after the eighth person greeted him with an overly enthusiastic attitude. He was famous, liked and respected by everyone, and completely out of my league. His family was loaded too, based on what he told me this afternoon.

I raised my chin and chuckled at a drunk Victoria and Liam belting through Amazing Grace. It sounded horrible to the ears, but it looked damn hilarious.

A hand squeezed my shoulder, and I lazily leaned my head back to see who it was. Beautiful green eyes stared back at me, probing with genuine concern, and an involuntary shiver traveled down my spine.

"Gray," I breathed out.

He rounded the couch and sat by the edge of the coffee table, facing me. "Drink this up. It will help," he said, handing me a small green bottle.