30 | Drowsy Confessions

They tell me to forget but I don't want toYour face is all I seem too see— Blackout by Freya Ridings

Your face is all I seem too see
— Blackout by Freya Ridings

Today marked the end of Gray's time as a professor, which meant calling my name in class to answer questions he knew I didn't know the answer to had come to a blissful finale

Excitement pulsed through my veins as I headed to the soccer house, carrying a bag of groceries in my arms. Gray seemed slightly on edge today, so I decided to cook dinner for him as a token of appreciation for the enchiladas a few days ago and a pat on the back for his hard work this week.

"Gray?!" I called out, kicking the front door shut with my foot.

I walked straight to the kitchen, placed the bag of groceries on the island, and climbed up to his room. Entering unannounced and switching on the lights, my eyes widened almost instantly in shock. Gray was sprawled on his bed, wrapped in his comforter with his eyes closed. I rushed to his side in panic, kneeling next to him on the bed; he was shivering. His face was drained of color, and the bags under his eyes were darker than usual.

Pressing a hand to his forehead, I winced.

"Gray?" I called in a whisper, brushing his hair away from his face. "Where's the thermometer? I need to take your temperature."

"I just checked," he muttered, sticking his hand out of the comforter.

I took the thermometer from him and checked it, heaving a sigh at the sight of 38 degrees celsius. "Have you eaten?" I queried. He shook his head vaguely, and I sighed again. "I'll cook you something to eat."

I sprinted down the stairs to the kitchen, leaving his door open so I could hear him in case he needed my help. My mind was already set on making him a bowl of chicken soup. It was a simple dish my mother and grandparents used to make for me whenever I wasn't feeling well.

Once the food was ready, I found a tray in one of the drawers and wiped it before putting the piping hot bowl of soup on it, together with a glass of warm water, flu medicine and two tablets of Tylenol.