13 | The New Therapist

They tell you that the sky might fallThey'll say that you might lose it allSo I run until I hit that wall— Run by Collective Soul

They'll say that you might lose it all
So I run until I hit that wall
— Run by Collective Soul

They tell you that the sky might fallThey'll say that you might lose it allSo I run until I hit that wall— Run by Collective Soul

"I'm spending the weekend with my family," Victoria said from the other side of the room. "Will you be okay here alone?"

"I'll be fine," I said, focusing on doing my Economics paper. "Liam invited me over to the soccer house. He said they're doing a horror movie marathon tonight."

"I can't believe I'm being dragged to another Derby party," she wailed.

My fingers stopped mid-air. "Derby? You know, I'm now hella curious. What do your parents do?" I asked.

"My family owns seven of the largest wineries in the world," she answered with a sense of ownership in her voice.

"Girl, that's sick," I exclaimed. She was from high society, which explained how she carried herself when she wasn't out partying.

"They were disappointed that I wanted to pursue fashion design. But they got over it within three months."

Another week in hellish paradise had passed. My schoolwork piled up like nobody's business, and I was overloaded with caffeine from being sleep-deprived. My nightmares didn't stop, and it only became worse, but I managed to keep the lingering feeling of depression at bay by keeping myself distracted with school and friends.

My mornings were a routine. I'd wake up around three in the morning from the same nightmare, and I'd stay in bed with empty thoughts and a sunken heart, the streaks of sunrise being my indicator that it was time to get ready. Victoria would wake up just before I'd leave to get my dose of morning caffeine, we'd wish each other a good day, and then I'd go to Starbucks, where Gray would be waiting. He did it for the pure-driven pleasures of pissing me off since I told him I didn't want to see his face so early in the morning.

Victoria and Liam were still friendly to each other, which was relieving even though their interactions had lessened dramatically. Every night, Victoria and I would watch Supernatural, and once she was asleep, I'd give Gray an update on how she was doing. The communication went both ways; it was nice hearing that he and Isaac were doing their best to make Liam feel better.