47 | Lie To Me

Tell me pretty lies, Look me in the faceTell me that you love me, Even if it's fake— Idfc by blackbear

Tell me that you love me, Even if it's fake
— Idfc by blackbear

Tell me pretty lies, Look me in the faceTell me that you love me, Even if it's fake— Idfc by blackbear

"Stanford!" called Garrett.

I stopped halfway up the stairs. "What do you want? I'm in a rush."

"Checked the mail today, and found this. Your name's addressed at the back." He walked up to me and handed over a red envelope.

"Thanks," I said drily.

"Oh, and Jordan came by earlier asking where you were."

"What did he need?" He could've called me directly.

Garrett shrugged. "Not sure. I told him you were out with Summer, and might not be back until tomorrow. He just said thanks, then left."

"Well," I waved the envelope dismissively, "thanks for this."

"No probs, man."

I sprinted up the remaining stairs, taking two at a time. I ripped the envelope open as I walked down the hallway to my room, pulling out a paper that read: She knows.

Rage clutched at my chest.

The Marchioness was a few steps ahead of us, controlling the strings and mechanics of the game she was playing. She didn't want us dead yet — I was certain about that part. She was toying with us, testing us, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

Entering my room, I rushed over to the bookshelf to grab the pink diary.

●      ●      ●

"Summer?" I called as soon as I opened her door.

I scanned the mess in her room, opened yearbooks scattered on the floor, a purple box toppled upside down on her bed with papers everywhere. I could hear the shower running and the faint sound of music playing in her bathroom. My eyes searched for the red envelope, but found nothing. She probably hid it.

I placed the diary down and headed to the bathroom.

"Summer?" I called, knocking.

"I'm almost done!" she shouted.