62 | The Marchioness

The feelings I caught , Said it's tough looking back when I thought what I thoughtYeah, I feel ashamed, embarrassed with rageSo I bloody the rain on your pity parade— Sociopath by StayLoose

Said it's tough looking back
when I thought what I thought
Yeah, I feel ashamed, embarrassed with rage
So I bloody the rain on your pity parade
— Sociopath by StayLoose

The feelings I caught , Said it's tough looking back when I thought what I thoughtYeah, I feel ashamed, embarrassed with rageSo I bloody the rain on your pity parade— Sociopath by StayLoose

My eyes fluttered open and focused on both my thighs. It hurt like hell, but nothing too severe. My jeans, however, were soaked with red fluid, and it was sticky against my skin.

I scoffed in disbelief. It was fake blood.

An act. It was all an act.

A groan left my lips as I straightened my posture, the wall hard against my back. My upper body was less heavy now that the bomb was removed. I pivoted around as far as the restraints allowed, my eyes narrowing as I scanned the ropes binding my hands together with the cement wall.

"Good. You're awake."

My head lifted in the direction of the female's voice. A smirk played across her dark red lips as she stared at me. I shifted on the floor, returning to the original position she placed me in as I began working with the ropes.

She snickered. "Long time no see, Summer."

"Long time no see, Scarlet."

"I enjoyed that melodrama earlier, by the way. It certainly added to the theatrical feel of my act. The fake bomb clearly did wonders."

I was right.

"Glad I could help." I winced as a jolt of pain shot through me when I attempted to fold my leg.

"I suggest you don't move," she said with an eyebrow raised. "I might've used rubber bullets on you, but you'll still need some time to heal. Your legs and arms are pretty bruised, especially since I shot you about twenty more times after you passed out. But on the bright side, you're dead in the eyes of millions. So you don't have to worry about anything."

"What's your deal, Scarlet? Just fucking kill me!" I gritted my teeth to control the rage rising in my chest. She was fucking mental.

"Where's the fun in that?"